Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Update: As of 22 Dec 2014, Trial Preferred is no longer accepting new enrollments. If you're currently enrolled in Trial Preferred, you'll continue to receive Preferred benefits and accrue toward status through the remainder of your Trial period. Your 2015 Preferred status earned through Trial will transfer to AAdvantage once we combine the programs in the second quarter of 2015.

========================================
Try Preferred status on for size <Link>

Are you new to Dividend Miles? Enjoy the benefits of Preferred status now through the Trial Preferred program. Get priority check-in and boarding, unlimited upgrades to First Class and more during your 90-day trial period.

Here's how to get Preferred status

Choose and purchase your level of Preferred status, then fly with US. It's that easy to get all the benefits of Preferred status.

Learn more about Preferred

Upgrade to Preferred

Preferred status / cost Silver – $200 Gold – $400 Platinum – $600

Then, over the next 90 days, fly a minimum number of miles on flights operated by US Airways or American Airlines to keep your Preferred status through February 29, 2016. If your trial began on or before June 30, 2014, you'll maintain your Preferred status through February 28, 2015.

• Silver: Fly 7,500 miles or 10 segments
  • Gold: Fly 15,000 miles or 20 segments
  • Platinum: Fly 22,500 miles or 30 segments
  • Chairman's: Fly 30,000 miles or 40 segments

The Trial Preferred program is the quickest way to get to Preferred status. Just enroll online to try Preferred on for size today.

Enroll in Tral Preferred

Terms & Conditions

This program is available only to non-Preferred members. Dividend Miles members must fly a minimum number of miles or segments to keep Preferred status for the remainder of the program year. Bonus miles earned based on class of service do not count toward Preferred status. Members may enroll in the Trial Preferred program only once in any consecutive 12-month period. Members who did not requalify for Preferred status for the current year are not eligible to participate in the Trial Preferred program. Only elite-qualifying miles earned on flights operated by US Airways, US Airways Express, American Airlines and American Eagle can be applied toward the Trial Preferred program. The program participation fee is non-refundable. Federal excise tax of 7.5% will be added to the purchase price. Only bookings made after the member's status has been upgraded reflect his or her new status. Preferred status earned through the Trial Preferred program is only valid in the Dividend Miles program through February 29, 2016 for members who purchased Trial Preferred after June 30, 2014. Members who purchased Trial Preferred on or before June 30, 2014 will retain their earned Preferred status through February 28, 2015. Associated First Class upgrade benefits are based on availability and only available on US Airways and US Airways Express-operated flights.

Wiki updated 7 Dec 2014
Print Wikipost

Trial Preferred Status (merged) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by smilee
Has anyone had issues with their AA number sticking to the reservation even after agent said they removed the AA and put in the US DM account number?
I had my daughter's US number in a booking that ended up crediting to AA. Currently being resolved by phone, and has involved a few HUCAs as some US staff said it was not possible to make changes after the fact. Eventually got to someone who said it wasn't a problem, but still waiting for the miles to credit.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by brahms77
Just landed in HKG with AA (delayed) and was surprised to see all of my miles posted even the DFW-HKG flight! So, very nice to know flights are being posted each day.

However, I did not see the bonus miles post (per my Platinum status - I am doing the Platinum trial). Is this normal? Will it show eventually or do I need to fight this with USDM desk? Any experiences?

Thanks!
In my experience, AA miles always post faster then US. Kind of counterintuitive but really nbd.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Originally Posted by Arsey00
I had my daughter's US number in a booking that ended up crediting to AA. Currently being resolved by phone, and has involved a few HUCAs as some US staff said it was not possible to make changes after the fact. Eventually got to someone who said it wasn't a problem, but still waiting for the miles to credit.
You dont mention anything about contacting AA to release the miles posted to your aa account. US will not be able to do anything unless this is done.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
US Preferred Trial: Lounge Access?

Apologies if this has been asked before: Could someone walk me through lounge access while on the US Preferred Trial?

I paid $400 for the Preferred challenge so I have Gold status until March. I'm doing a YYZ-DFW-HKG roundtrip on AA next week and am wondering about my lounge access options. Am I able to access the following lounges:
1) Admirals Club in YYZ T3
2) Admirals Club in DFW
3) CX "The Wing" in HKG (upon departure)

Loungebuddy and other sources online say that Oneworld Sapphire members have access to these lounges, but what exactly are the logistics? I currently don't have any US Preferred card (I'll be hitting the Gold and Plat levels on this trip) so how do I show them my proof of status? Are they going to see it just by scanning my boarding pass? Or should I show them the US Airways website on my phone where it says I have Gold status?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by nytango
You dont mention anything about contacting AA to release the miles posted to your aa account. US will not be able to do anything unless this is done.
This has been done for two weeks now and is visible on her AA account. Thank you for pointing out that I didn't mention it. I suppose I took it as a given, as I'm an AA flyer new to US and it's a routine thing there.

I'm going to have to call in and get it done manually when I get home (travelling for another week) but I was assured it would happen automatically so didn't do so earlier.

What can or cannot be done seems to vary by agent very much with US, in my brief experience with them. I'm doing a lot more HUCA these days, but I wonder if that is because I don't have status with US so I'm comparing apples and oranges.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by asdf098
Apologies if this has been asked before: Could someone walk me through lounge access while on the US Preferred Trial?

I paid $400 for the Preferred challenge so I have Gold status until March. I'm doing a YYZ-DFW-HKG roundtrip on AA next week and am wondering about my lounge access options. Am I able to access the following lounges:
2) Admirals Club in DFW

Loungebuddy and other sources online say that Oneworld Sapphire members have access to these lounges, but what exactly are the logistics? I currently don't have any US Preferred card (I'll be hitting the Gold and Plat levels on this trip) so how do I show them my proof of status? Are they going to see it just by scanning my boarding pass? Or should I show them the US Airways website on my phone where it says I have Gold status?

After several days, AA should recognized your US status. When checking in with AA, you should see that your boarding passes have designation for your oneworld status (for Gold = Sapphire). This should be enough to have you access various OW lounges during your travel.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by asdf098

2) Admirals Club in DFW

Yes on access to all three (business class section of The Wing). They will just scan your BP (which will show OW Sapphire). No physical card needed.

I'd recommend "The Bridge" in HKG. It is a great new lounge and will be closer to your gate.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Gunner14
Yes on access to all three (business class section of The Wing). They will just scan your BP (which will show OW Sapphire). No physical card needed.

I'd recommend "The Bridge" in HKG. It is a great new lounge and will be closer to your gate.
Awesome, thanks for the tip. Looking forward to checking it out.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Does anybody have experience with getting the TP window extended because itineraries get wiped out in bad weather?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:19 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
If my trial ends on feb 27th does it mean it will end in the morning or evening?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:03 pm

So has everyone's information in the emails been wrong? My '60 days in' email said ~6,900 miles flown when in actuality it's ~27,000.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:11 pm
tsz

So has everyone's information in the emails been wrong? My '60 days in' email said ~6,900 miles flown when in actuality it's ~27,000.
Mine was up-to-date; even included the flight just 2 days prior...
Old Jan 31, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
I believe emails include only mileage on US metal, not AA.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Silver
I never got any monthly summary emails when I did my trial. Maybe they got stuck in the spam filter?

I did no flying the first month of my trial, so I guess there was nothing to report, then I completed my trial in the next month and was chairman's before the 60th day came around.

If you're ever worried about your trial and mileage, just call the DM preferred desk and ask the rep to give you your current status.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
If my trial ends on feb 27th does it mean it will end in the morning or evening?
Evening I assume, but maybe someone who has taken it to the final day can comment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.