Old Oct 7, 2010, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, A-Club, Priority Club, SPG
Status change in the middle of a trip?

I booked a multi-segment ticket on USAir's website with the following segments:

CLT-SAT this past Sunday

SAT-CLT-BOS-PBG-BOS today (Thursday)

BOS-LGA-CLT Friday

When I booked this ticket I was Silver preferred with just over 47k miles. On Monday I got the 3k EQMs (via the GrandSlam promo) required to bump me to Gold. I called USAir on Wednesday to check on upgrades since I obviously missed the first 3-day window, and the rep confirmed that my status had updated and showed Gold. Unfortunately, no F seats available, but no biggie.

Well, when I got to the airport this morning to check in, my boarding passes all read as Star Silver, and I'm still Zone 2. I asked the ticketing agent about this and got a very curt "call the 800 number, I can't do anything." Well, I called the 800 number and again the rep confirmed that my profile and PNR shows Gold Preferred. She was very apologetic and helpful.

Now, I want to emphasize that this really isn't a big deal (in fact, the only thing that slightly ticked me off was the tone of the ticketing agent). I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and if so, how they got it resolved.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 5:32 am

Have your Dividend Miles number removed from the reservation, then re-entered.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Chalk it up to US IT systems. I've done the old remove / re-enter DM# from PNR trick. For what it's worth, that doesn't seem to be necessary anymore. I recently booked a trip as Gold, earned Platinum before that trip and by the time of the flight the BP for the one US segment showed Platinum and the upgrade processed at 4 days.

A couple years ago I also experienced a 4 segment mileage run that showed Gold on the first three BP's and Silver on the last. Crack IT, I tell ya.

They can't or don't even try to fix known website issues plenty have reported. I just accept it and move on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.