Grand Slam 2010!

Old Aug 23, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Well, please excuse me for whatever, but I tried to access that link by copying and pasting it in my browser and I received the following message:

The promotion you're trying to access might be invalid or might have expired. Please check the URL you entered and try again.

So could someone please post a link that I can click through to see what is what with this promotion? I am not reading all of these posts as mere speculation, but then again, I could be wrong.

Many thanks.

Hmmmm... just saw Gleff's post, so I know I'm not nuts yet

Last edited by miffSC; Aug 23, 2010 at 7:06 pm Reason: Added a Hmmmmm
Old Aug 23, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
They probably saw a flurry of unexpected registrations and adjusted the web link to not be active yet. Remember this promo hasn't officially been launched, and the OP found it by doing some detective-work. They probably don't want people poking around at it till they're officially live.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Not sure why anyone would register for this. The promotion is only valid beginning 9/1, so why not wait until it's actually live rather than ruin having the opportunity to take a look at what the promotion looks like so far? Either way, I saw this coming from a mile away...so, please use this for planning purposes only as the details have not been finalized yet...DO NOT CONTACT US AIRWAYS WITH QUESTIONS YET AS THIS PROMOTION HAS NOT BEEN OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED!!!

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7...aunchgrand.jpg
Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
@dcpatti - yes, I think you may be right on your assessment.

@ johndeere19 No problema...
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
This is what I get when I try and load the URL..

The promotion you're trying to access might be invalid or might have expired. Please check the URL you entered and try again.

Originally Posted by Burghs
Up to 100,000 miles this year! Here is the link--I found it on the US Airways web site by using last year's link and changing "GS09" to "GS10":

http://shopping.usairways.com/promot...PromoCode=GS10
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:47 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Argh. They fixed the SPG dine loophole. No $5 beers times 6! But you can still get dining credit. $50 or $34 will get the 100 points, depending on your SPG status.

And interestingly it shows 2 max hits for 21st Century Auto Insurance. 1 for the quote, 1 for getting a policy I assume.

ChronoMed and Select Warranty are not listed currently anywhere in the "Get Miles" pages of US Airways. Nor is TrackitBack but it's currently 20 miles per $1 on trackitback.com/US. Cheapest option is $20 for 400 miles.

At any rate, I've calculated and while it will take several hundred dollars for me, that's worth it for 36 hits and 100K miles. If I still had multiple credit cards or points in more hotel programs it would cost me less. The harder part will be seeing how many I can get for my wife. This definitely better than last year. The max 28 hits earned 50K. 28 hits nets 60K now and if you make it that far there's no reason not to aim for more.
Nice detective work, Burghs! ^

And thanks Johndeere19 for saving it, nice thinking!

I was just making a list of SPG hotels found on our upcoming trip to Spain via MNL, HKG and LHR. We could have put sandwiches on my card and drinks on his. There is no way I can justify $50 for a meal.

I'll be lucky to get us both to 12 hits this time. We're using miles for all the flights and most of the hotels will be free (on points) other than cheap guesthouses in Palawan. I don't know what to do for points.com, I don't have anymore AS or other spare miles to transfer, just PC and AA and I don't think I can just transfer a small amount. E-Miles and E-Rewards are ready to go, can do the 21st Century quote, Thanks Again, have my US Mastercard and can do the cheap shopping ones. Maybe we might rent a car for a day in Tenerife.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:52 am

oooh I just cashed in e-miles and e-rewards recently
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by miffSC
Well, please excuse me for whatever, but I tried to access that link by copying and pasting it in my browser and I received the following message:

So could someone please post a link that I can click through to see what is what with this promotion? I am not reading all of these posts as mere speculation, but then again, I could be wrong.

Many thanks.

Hmmmm... just saw Gleff's post, so I know I'm not nuts yet
There's a PDF of it - no graphics, but you can read the full text - at
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nun0z3...gistration.pdf
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by 5.9LITRE
oooh I just cashed in e-miles and e-rewards recently
I never cash them in until there's a partner promo.

Sadly, my e-rewards is Delta-sponsored. Was originally NW-sponsored and for a brief period during the NW/DL merger my e-rewards account gave me every redemption option under the sun when NW was dropped and before they assigned me solely to DL.

That timeframe just happened to coincide with the US Grand Slam so I was able to dump into US. Not this year.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
e-rewards or e-miles ArizonaGuy? With e-rewards I get the option to choose from a number of airlines, but with e-miles I only get the option for US.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by treznor
e-rewards or e-miles ArizonaGuy? With e-rewards I get the option to choose from a number of airlines, but with e-miles I only get the option for US.
e-rewards. Whoever "sponsored" the original account is supposed to be who you're locked to. It didn't start that way but they made a change. And I know there are a few accounts, like yours, that aren't locked. It may be a technical glitch or your sponsor doesn't have such a limiting requirement in place.

I can only do DL. I can do non-airline partners too - HHonors and Priority Club which is where I dump my $100 redemptions.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by treznor
Hmm... my e-miles account is linked to US, but it appears that my e-rewards account is only linked to e-miles.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: Marriot LT Plat, Aeroplan
I noticed that on the grand slam hotel stay options, that under the Accor family the 'Ibis' brand is not included (Even though it's in the group). Any ideas why? I have two stays coming up in Ibis hotels which I may switch to the next door Mercure if Ibis doesn't qualify.

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by ivany
I noticed that on the grand slam hotel stay options, that under the Accor family the 'Ibis' brand is not included (Even though it's in the group). Any ideas why? I have two stays coming up in Ibis hotels which I may switch to the next door Mercure if Ibis doesn't qualify.

Thanks
I was noticing that too as we have some stays in Ibis hotels in Madrid and Marrakech coming up but we are paying with Accor vouchers so I don't know if I could squeeze any points to the US account from that. I could switch the Madrid Centro Ibis to a Novotel a bit further out of town if I can confirm getting a hit out of it.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:48 pm

Points.com Hit

What is everyone going to do for this one? Last year, I think most of us got sign up miles on AS and transferred them to US. Assuming we can't delete the old AS account and get a new one and link it, what are the best options? Are there any good sign up bonuses elsewhere? Has anyone tried Phone Hog? I signed up for it, did a couple surveys but didn't get points for it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.