US A321 Raise Aisle Armrest

Old May 21, 2010, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

US A321 Raise Aisle Armrest

Does anyone know if the aisle armrest raise up (a la the MD80 on AA)? If so, what is the trick? I thought I've checked for a lever before but maybe I wasn't looking at the right place.

Thanks.
Old May 21, 2010, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by joaustin
Does anyone know if the aisle armrest raise up (a la the MD80 on AA)? If so, what is the trick? I thought I've checked for a lever before but maybe I wasn't looking at the right place.

Thanks.
Only on few of the forward rows for handicapped seating. The aisle armrests are supposed to be down all the time, most importantly for take off and landing.
Old May 22, 2010, 6:04 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Actually, Federal law requires 50% of all aisle armrests on the plane to be movable. US should be able to tell you which if you call.
Old May 22, 2010, 5:37 pm

All of the pre-merger East Airbus aircraft have moveable aisle armrests, excluding bulkhead with the tray table in them.

Anyone else remember when they first arrived and Wolf had them only able to go up a few inches so people wouldn't lay across all 3 seats?
Old May 23, 2010, 6:57 pm

Programs: US Chairman, AA Plat Pro, HHonors Diamond, National Exec
If you gently pull/tug/rock the armrest, you'll feel a little flex if it is hinged. If it is, the release is on the bottom, back by your elbow. Can't remember if you push forward or back to release. It's not ergonomically easy, but not impossible.
Old May 23, 2010, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys. I'll be on this plane on Wednesday so we'll see. I think I'm in row 15 on the outbound and 21 on the return.
Old May 24, 2010, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by phllax
All of the pre-merger East Airbus aircraft have moveable aisle armrests, excluding bulkhead with the tray table in them.

Anyone else remember when they first arrived and Wolf had them only able to go up a few inches so people wouldn't lay across all 3 seats?

Boy do I remember that. Had to leave a pax and his wife behind in SEA due to him not being able to fit in the seat and since the armrest wouldn't raise he couldn't "share" with his wife.
Old May 24, 2010, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by tahitigirl
Boy do I remember that. Had to leave a pax and his wife behind in SEA due to him not being able to fit in the seat and since the armrest wouldn't raise he couldn't "share" with his wife.
I remember it too. I think that's still the criteria for having to buy an extra seat for a POS. You have to be able to lower that armrest, if you can't then you have to buy an extra seat. And as I said before, the aisle armrests are required to be down for takeoff and landing so you've gotta fit in the seat.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:09 am
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
Is there a specific guide to the rows on an 321 that have the movable aisle armrest? Can't seem to find seat maps on the USAirways web site or specific row information. Again, looking for a list of the specific rows that have the movable aisle armrest, not general "some rows up front" or such.

Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:57 am
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
Is there no one who knows where to find the seat map or specific information on which aisle arm rests go up on the 321?

United makes it so easy with specific info on each seat map. I am surprised that US Airways/AA does not have the same detail.

Anyone?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.