Wiki Posts
Search

Paying with 2 credit cards

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2010, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Gold
Paying with 2 credit cards

I have points with Capital One that I want to use. For a fare from $150.01 to $350, it's 35,000 points. Otherwise, it's 60,000 points. I have been watching a fare for weeks, but cannot get it under $350 a/i. It's currently $359, which is frustrating.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get two separate charges? One for $350 and another for the remainder? It's not possible on www.usairways.com, nor can I do it over the phone.

I have thought about maybe buying a cheap gift certificate and then redeeming. I even thought about third party sites, such as Orbitz. I tried Orbitz but only see one space for credit cards. I Googled coupon codes for Orbitz but didn't have any luck, either.
Old May 20, 2010, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
Have you tried expedia ? From there website:

What are my payment options?
You can pay for your online travel reservation with a credit or debit card. Most airlines, hotels, and cruise lines accept Visa, MasterCard, Amercian Express, Discover, Diners Club, and debit cards. When booking your reservation, please make sure you have sufficient daily spending limits so your credit card company/bank will not block your account. Call the bank ahead of time if you're making a large payment on your card.

To make your payment, you have the following options:

You can pay using one card or split the payment between two cards.
You can also make a deposit upon booking, and then pay off the remainder by 30 days before your departure or reservation. Find out more at Payment Options.
Old May 20, 2010, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PWMFlyer19
Have you tried expedia ? From there website:

You can pay using one card or split the payment between two cards.
You can also make a deposit upon booking, and then pay off the remainder by 30 days before your departure or reservation. Find out more at Payment Options.[/B]
Thanks for your help on this post and my other recent one. I had tried Travelocity, too, but not Expedia. This looked promising, but when I drilled down some more, I got to this page: http://www.expedia.com/daily/highlig...ns/default.asp

It says that this is only available on flight + hotel. I already have hotels taken care of (free).

Any other thoughts on how to spread a US Airways flight on two cards?
Old May 20, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by chrisphx
Any other thoughts on how to spread a US Airways flight on two cards?
Maybe if you buy a gift card?
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...GCdefault.html
Old May 20, 2010, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

I looked at the gift card. Definitely something to think about, but it's a $15 processing fee. And they take the full value of the gift card first, before taking anything out of a credit card.
Old May 21, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Try calling? Maybe they'll waive the fee because you can't do that online?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.