Price break flying out of BWI vs PHL

Old Jun 4, 2013, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Price break flying out of BWI vs PHL

Granted I was checking prices for a 1-day PHL-CLT roundtrip on my companies' AMEX Business Travel website so it might have been different on a consumer site, but the best price I found today on a USAirways direct flight was >$800 vs. several much less convenient connecting flights on Delta and United for between $300-480 or so.

So I decided to check flying out of BWI. Over the past couple years I've generally not been finding much price advantage on consumer sites of picking BWI over PHL to the locations I'm generally flying to -- but lo and behold today I find a $316 USAir direct flight leaving and returning at perfect times for a quick 1-day business trip. Saving $500 on a short and nearly identical itinerary like this is huge and is certainly something I'll try to remember to check on in the future. Have others who regularly check PHL vs. BWI been finding any similarly good deals to other popular destinations?

Last edited by RunningLateAgain; Jun 4, 2013 at 5:44 pm Reason: Just noticed a new thread started yesterday complaining about no good prices out of BWI
Old Jun 4, 2013, 6:43 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by RunningLateAgain
Granted I was checking prices for a 1-day PHL-CLT roundtrip on my companies' AMEX Business Travel website so it might have been different on a consumer site, but the best price I found today on a USAirways direct flight was >$800 vs. several much less convenient connecting flights on Delta and United for between $300-480 or so.

So I decided to check flying out of BWI. Over the past couple years I've generally not been finding much price advantage on consumer sites of picking BWI over PHL to the locations I'm generally flying to -- but lo and behold today I find a $316 USAir direct flight leaving and returning at perfect times for a quick 1-day business trip. Saving $500 on a short and nearly identical itinerary like this is huge and is certainly something I'll try to remember to check on in the future. Have others who regularly check PHL vs. BWI been finding any similarly good deals to other popular destinations?
Best reason?
Number of WN PHL-CLT non stops a day= 0
Number of WN BWI-CLT non stops a day= 2

Competition...

FDW
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:31 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I live in Southern PA and weekly check flights from MDT, BWI and PHL.

PHL to CLT is hub to hub and always pricey.

Just this week I forgot that Jetblue starts in PHL. My BWI-PHL-BOS was pricing out at $400+, Checked PHL and got rt for $98

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.