Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
OK I have my FF# in the reservation along with the coupon. But as of yet no postings to my DM acct. Also when I return the car I never have the mileage posting on the receipt like you are all stateing. I even went back online and checked the reservation again and they all say that the miles have been posted for this reservation. I emailed them and will let you all know. I wonder if I am at a mysterious non-participating airport location (AUS). Would be nice if they would tell us the airport locations since I could be earning HH points instead. If they come back with a "no soup for you" kind of answer I will ask them to credit my HH account for the reservations instead. Why can't these things be easy :-)
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by wareagle98
OK I have my FF# in the reservation along with the coupon. But as of yet no postings to my DM acct. Also when I return the car I never have the mileage posting on the receipt like you are all stateing. I even went back online and checked the reservation again and they all say that the miles have been posted for this reservation. I emailed them and will let you all know. I wonder if I am at a mysterious non-participating airport location (AUS). Would be nice if they would tell us the airport locations since I could be earning HH points instead. If they come back with a "no soup for you" kind of answer I will ask them to credit my HH account for the reservations instead. Why can't these things be easy :-)
From your post to Avis' ears. Alerting one that the rental location is not participating appears to be very low on Avis' priority list. Why would it? They get your money and then deny the miles based on a stipulation in their T&C. Too bad they don't realize what kind of bad taste that leaves for their customers.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Evan!
. . .They get your money and then deny the miles based on a stipulation in their T&C. Too bad they don't realize what kind of bad taste that leaves for their customers.
Avis is HORRIBLE about this stuff. They truly could care less.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
Just a follow up... the DM points show on the online receipt for Avis but not the paper copy given at the airport. So far I see 3498, 3677 & 3521 for the 3 rentals I made since 1/1/10. so as far as Avis is concerned this is not their issue. However, none of these are posted to my DM account. Sent a note to CP support for guidance on why these are not showing.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 149113
Just a follow up... the DM points show on the online receipt for Avis but not the paper copy given at the airport. So far I see 3498, 3677 & 3521 for the 3 rentals I made since 1/1/10. so as far as Avis is concerned this is not their issue. However, none of these are posted to my DM account. Sent a note to CP support for guidance on why these are not showing.
I am waiting until tomorrow. I noticed a pattern of miles posting to airline accounts with Avis. ~3rd, ~10th, ~17th, ~23rd
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM; US PP; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Wegmans Shoppers Club; ExxonMobil Speedpass
FWIW I just tried to add the coupon to an otherwise-eligible booking I have out of Kodiak, AK (ADQ) in June, and got an error from the Avis website. Called, and the rep pulled up the T's & C's which specifically exclude Alaska and Canada for this coupon code. I pointed out the copy of the T's & C's I had made no such exclusion, but he couldn't tell me if they had been added after the promotion was initially launched.

twj
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tegwj
FWIW I just tried to add the coupon to an otherwise-eligible booking I have out of Kodiak, AK (ADQ) in June, and got an error from the Avis website. Called, and the rep pulled up the T's & C's which specifically exclude Alaska and Canada for this coupon code. I pointed out the copy of the T's & C's I had made no such exclusion, but he couldn't tell me if they had been added after the promotion was initially launched.

twj
Email Avis. Give them the URL. Note to them that the ad copy says U.S. and Canada. Alaska is part of the U.S. (just ask Palin). Perhaps ADQ is not participating as an individual location.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
Per DM support response...

Please verify that Avis has your Dividend Miles number correct in their system. Mileage may require up to 60 days to be credited to your Dividend Miles account. Please be advised, that the car rental agency may charge a service fee to enter your Dividend Miles account number when renting, if requesting miles to be credited to your Dividend Miles account.

If you have allowed enough time for the mileage credit to post you may also fax or mail your rental receipts to our Dividend Miles processing department.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
My Final Verdict

So after some back and forth with AVIS it turns out that my company AWD prohibits me getting any frequent travel points thus no miles for me. What is annoying is that my company has blocked all rewards even though my hilton points were never charged a fee. Oh well I suppose I can handle not getting 250 points a week. BTW I think this should be my 100th posting! I don't know why that excites me but it does none the less
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wareagle98
BTW I think this should be my 100th posting! I don't know why that excites me but it does none the less
Take a screen shot before you post again.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Two bonuses (with base miles) for January rentals posted today. Remember, I am not preferred. I used the US AWD code for one and a different AWD code for another. One was at FLL and one was at BOS.

Success!
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
I checked my account today and saw a 3,000 mile increase! It was the new bofa debit card bonus ^. Has anybody had any luck with the avis offer posting yet?

Anyone other then Evan?

Last edited by Dan6681; Feb 4, 2010 at 9:19 am Reason: Above posted at time of writing
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:24 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
I used this code after discovering it from this thread for a rental in January @ CAK. Miles just posted today. Used some AWD I found in the Avis form for a good discount. DM account says:

Activity

1/19/2010 02/04/10 AVIS 2010 PREF. MEMBER 3000 MILE BONUS 3,000

1/19/2010 02/04/10 AVIS RENT A CAR CREDIT 254

That's more miles than I got for actually flying MYR-CAK round trip even with the %50 gold mileage bonus!!^
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tt120
I used this code after discovering it from this thread for a rental in January @ CAK. Miles just posted today. Used some AWD I found in the Avis form for a good discount. DM account says:

Activity

1/19/2010 02/04/10 AVIS 2010 PREF. MEMBER 3000 MILE BONUS 3,000

1/19/2010 02/04/10 AVIS RENT A CAR CREDIT 254

That's more miles than I got for actually flying MYR-CAK round trip even with the %50 gold mileage bonus!!^
Let me quess. You got a total of 1,554 for flying. That would make this promo over 2x what you got for flying. ^ Primo!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
1/28/2010 02/11/10 avis rent a car credit 108
1/28/2010 02/11/10 avis 2010 pref. Member 3000 mile bonus 3,000

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.