Upgrade on tickets purchased through Orbitz?

Old Mar 2, 2009, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Leow's Gold, USAIR Chairman's, Avis First, Hertz #1 Gold
Upgrade on tickets purchased through Orbitz?

Just bought a long weekend in Amsterdam (Nights and flights) through Orbitz. Never done that before. The flights include a CLT to Filly leg on USAir. Anyone know if a CP can get upgraded on such a ticket? Does the Fare code determine this?

Many thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 10:12 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
If your ticket was $1400 Roundtrip (taxes included), then you can use points or a CP electronic FC/Envoy upgrade (you get 2 when you earn CP).

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...chairmans.aspx

Upgrades to/from Hawaii/Europe
As a Chairman's Preferred member, you will receive 2 annual electronic one way First Class/Envoy upgrades for you and a companion for traveling on US Airways to or from Hawaii or Europe.

Purchase your ticket through US Airways or a travel agent. Before you finalize your purchase, make sure that your fare class is eligible for an upgrade.
Then provide your Dividend Miles account number to a Personal Liason at the Chairman's Preferred desk to process the electronic upgrade for you and your companion. As always, upgrade eligibility is based on the fare you purchased and is subject to capacity control.

To/from Hawaii
Eligible fares paid
Advance request schedule
Y and B
Immediately after purchase - complimentary
All other economy fares
7 days prior to departure from each one way trip - upgrade credit required

If that doesn't apply, you can upgrade for $500 each way beginning 24 hours prior to departure (note that this is capacity controlled).

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...oupgrades.aspx
Old Mar 2, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EP
You should be able to upgrade CLT-PHL based on your status without any $$.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Domestic upgrade should be same as a US-bought ticket. From my limited experience the downside of Orbitz tickets is when there's a problem - flight canceled, delayed, you need to change, etc. You're might be on your own dealing with Orbitz directly since the regular and preferred phone lines won't help b/c Orbitz has the $$. Big hassle and risky this time of year.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 4:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PittDoc
Domestic upgrade should be same as a US-bought ticket. From my limited experience the downside of Orbitz tickets is when there's a problem - flight canceled, delayed, you need to change, etc. You're might be on your own dealing with Orbitz directly since the regular and preferred phone lines won't help b/c Orbitz has the $$. Big hassle and risky this time of year.
I've had just the opposite experience. In the case of irregular ops and schedule changes, tickets purchased from Expedia and Orbitz were handled by the US preferred agents just as if I had purchased them from US directly.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Leow's Gold, USAIR Chairman's, Avis First, Hertz #1 Gold
Thanks to all

^I appreciate the input. I was talking about upgrading only ther CLT Filly segment and return as the longhaul is on another carrier. Glad to know you can upgrade tickets purchased this way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.