Community
Wiki Posts
Search

award ticket using US miles from USA -Europe (stopover) - Asia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

award ticket using US miles from USA -Europe (stopover) - Asia

UA offer such an award for 70k miles. Is anything similar possible using US miles? Do they even let you do this? If so, how many miles will it cost?

e.g. the UA rep told me I could fly PIT-ORD-MAN (Stopover)-LHR-SIN-FRA-ORD-PIT all for 70k miles. Problem is that I have 70k with US and AA and not UA, and if anything similar exists I would rather use those.

Thanks in advance for any help.....
Old Apr 13, 2007, 8:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, *G, Marriott Platinum
I believe that on the award chart there used to be a footnote that stated additional miles would be required to go to Asia via the Atlantic, I think maybe 20-30K extra.
It appears to have been removed from the most recent chart, but I would call US to see if the policy still exists.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbryan77
I believe that on the award chart there used to be a footnote that stated additional miles would be required to go to Asia via the Atlantic, I think maybe 20-30K extra.
It appears to have been removed from the most recent chart, but I would call US to see if the policy still exists.
Thanks, it is good to know there is a possibility. Well actually I was hoping someone on here would know without me having to call in because:

1) I am in Asia and I would be an expensive call
and (2) the US agents I speak with are often clueless and provide false information (which has had very negative effects on my travel plans - calling back and saying "well agent x told me that y is true" even though y is definitely not true never seems to have any effect either).

Anyway, if anyone knows the answer your help will be much appreciated.

Cheers :-: :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.