Get ready to pay more out of LAX

Old Apr 12, 2007, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
Get ready to pay more out of LAX

Looks like US is matching UA on a new $10 surcharge for departures from LAX...

http://www.azcentral.com/business/ar...lines0412.html

Last edited by Jim_F; Apr 12, 2007 at 11:25 am
Old Apr 12, 2007, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I'm not averse to the $10 surcharge if they will be improving the facility. LAX is a dump, and T-1 is far worse than UA's T-7 & 8. But I still think it's a dumb nickel-and-dime move by US. The only surprising thing is that they were the followers and not the leaders in this fare hike.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 9:57 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Looks like they just hiked the DCA-LGA fares by $10 each way too. Still cheaper than Amtrak or driving but still annoys me. Maybe they will put some of that fare hike into making LGA better, too. Nowhere near the dump that LAX is but not a very pretty or welcoming airport either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.