Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the cancel/hold policy?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2007, 9:08 am
Original Poster

What is the cancel/hold policy?

With all of the changes over the last year or so, I have lost track of the cancel/hold policy for non refundable tickets.

It used to be that you could cancel a non refundable ticket within 24hrs of making the reservation and get a full refund. I think it then went to the ability to put a ticket on hold for 24hrs and have the price guarenteed.

What is the current policy for non refundable tickets? Is it one of these or is it just non refundable?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by mileshound
With all of the changes over the last year or so, I have lost track of the cancel/hold policy for non refundable tickets.

It used to be that you could cancel a non refundable ticket within 24hrs of making the reservation and get a full refund. I think it then went to the ability to put a ticket on hold for 24hrs and have the price guarenteed.

What is the current policy for non refundable tickets? Is it one of these or is it just non refundable?
You can still place a ticket on hold for 24 hours (but only through the call centre). From the Customer Service Plan (formerly Customer Commitment):

US Airways will hold a customer's reservation without payment or penalty for a maximum period of 24 hours. This policy applies to refundable as well as non-refundable fares.

A telephone reservation is defined as an itinerary or trip for which payment has not been received. Purchased, refundable tickets (paper or electronic) will be refunded via the US Airways refund department regardless of when the tickets were purchased. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase will be assessed the current change fee regardless of when the tickets were purchased.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 11:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Is the fare guaranteed for 24 hours as well or only the reservation (flights) itself?
Old Apr 15, 2007, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, *G, Marriott Platinum
I have been allowed to place a reservation on hold for 72 hours. The fare is guaranteed as well as the seats that you get assigned.
However,sometimes they tell me that a certain fare can only be placed on hold for 24 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.