Search

Lost Wedding Ring Phl - Man

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2006, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Gold
Lost Wedding Ring Phl - Man

Just as a last resort
I have contacted the lost and found and got the auto generated message in return.
I travelled from Phl - Man on 11/7 and I think that my wedding ring fell out of my pocket - essentially this means big trouble for my negligence and I was hoping that someone could offer some advice or even try and pull some strings/do some enq's for me.
I was going to try the desk at Man on my return 11/19 and see if they could help.

any other advice or help
pppppplllleeeaaasssee!!!!!
Old Nov 14, 2006, 8:21 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Is it a band or a ring laced with diamonds? How easy (cost wise) to replace without your spouse noticing? And...why was the ring in the pocket to begin with?
Old Nov 14, 2006, 9:07 am

Programs: US Silver
Originally Posted by PHL
And...why was the ring in the pocket to begin with?
I wondered about that myself. To be charitable to the OP (and offer a possible excuse) perhaps flying makes the OP's fingers swell.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jenniferpa
I wondered about that myself. To be charitable to the OP (and offer a possible excuse) perhaps flying makes the OP's fingers swell.
I had taken it off to go thro security at RDU and placed it in a ziplock with my cash which |I later placed all of back in my pocket - I decided not to put it back on because of swelling.

NB I was really looking for some help as opposed to critisism for losing/negligence - I sure that will be in store Sunday !! :-<
Old Nov 14, 2006, 9:42 am

If you are very lucky (and if the cleaning crew is both thorough and honest) it would go to usair's lost property department. Manchester check-in would never see it. Unfortunately, I doubt you'll ever get it back. The only thing you might be able to do is get the UK number for whichever company services the planes in the UK (I had to call them once, although for the life of me I can't remember why)
Old Nov 14, 2006, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Took it off to go through security. Yeaahhhhh. Riiiiggggght.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Plat, NW Silver, US CP
So what now everyone is the morality police? He asked a question so let's just help the guy.

First do you have "Status" on US? If so try the elite line, they may be able to contact the station manager for you.

Write an e-mail to Customer Relations and/or the [email protected] and see if they can help.

If you have a digital photo of said ring it would be most helpful to include it.

I've observed MANY gate agents go out of their way to try to get a lost article to a customer so get busy and maybe things will work out.

To everyone else this reminder, "Judge not, lest ye be judged" Somebody famous said that, you could look it up.

Last edited by Chairman_John; Nov 14, 2006 at 9:21 pm
Old Nov 14, 2006, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by swampfox
Just as a last resort
I have contacted the lost and found and got the auto generated message in return.
I travelled from Phl - Man on 11/7 and I think that my wedding ring fell out of my pocket - essentially this means big trouble for my negligence and I was hoping that someone could offer some advice or even try and pull some strings/do some enq's for me.
I was going to try the desk at Man on my return 11/19 and see if they could help.

any other advice or help

What a pain in the ***e. Any items found on board the plane are handed in to the US Airways office in MAN. The girls there are lovely and will do all they can to help. I assume you are still in the UK? If you are, call European Res (where I work) - 0845 600 3300 - and ask them for the phone number for the US Airways office in Manchester, better still, ask the agent to call the airport and make the enquiry for you. Lost items are held in the US Airways back office in MAN for a week or two.. if no-one calls after that time they send the items to the Lost Luggage warehouse in the US.

Bear in mind the airport office is only open in the mornings, as the MAN-PHL flight is gone by lunchtime. Give us a ring tomorrow morning.. and feel happy to ask for me.. not warbo, but Peter.

It's often the case that such a small item is never found, but hey, you never know.. unless you ask!

Hope we can resolve your crisis.. take care.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 6:39 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Peter, you're a nice bloke, but then, you're in Liverpool and my experience is that everyone in Liverpool is nice (my boyfriend and his family are from there.) Swampfox, best of luck on this one, mate. Your post just reminded me to go get my own ring from the ledge near the sink.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swampfox
Just as a last resort

any other advice or help
Thanks to everyone for their advice - it is much appreciated. Thanks to Warbo ( with whom I have just spoken) for the special efforts in trying to locate the ring ( VERY nice guy).
FWIW I intend to make further enq's at Man and Phl but I do understand its a long shot
I wonder who would want to keep a plain gold wedding band? it only cost about Ł50 and is only worth Ł20 scrap - ah well put it down to experience and negligence :-<
Old Nov 15, 2006, 9:16 am

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
Swampfox,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Your fate is in the hands of luck and the honesty of others. The ring could still be wedged in the seat flying around, or it may have been found and turned in. Do keep in mind that all sorts of possibilities exist and the ring may not have been discovered until the plane is backin PHL, so I would make inquiries in PHL as well or where ever the plane flies.

When I first read your post, Warbo is the first person who comes to my mind, and I see that he does indeed post and offer some encouragement.

Let's hope for a happy ending.

Barry
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:10 am

Perhaps someone could enlighten me. Why would one need to remove one's wedding ring to go through security? I keep on my wedding and engagement ring and my watch and have never so much as beeped. Come to think of it, I've probably got more gold in my fillings than in my jewelry. Really, I'm not trying to have a go at the OP, I simply want to know what if anything I've missed.

Jennifer
Old Nov 15, 2006, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
Mr. Clinton taught us long ago "don't ask, don't tell." Besides, life if about having unexpected or illogical things happen -- they happen just because they happen.

I'm married 31 years and do not wear a wedding band. Why? Because years and years ago I jam my little finger and dislocate it. Being young, I let the swelling go down & never do anything about it. Years later I figure out it's dislocated. When I get married, I wear a band. The bump where the pinky is dislocated rubs on my ring. The consequence? I don't wear a wedding band for the last 29 or 30 years.

I'll leave the logicality of that decision to others, but that's the way it is.

Barry
Old Nov 15, 2006, 2:02 pm
Pam

Hubs nor I have ever taken our rings off to go through security, nor have we been asked/told to. Maybe the OP thought that he needed to because of the metal detector; my assumption is that it isn't set to alarm on gold.

Good luck in finding your ring! Hubs' was too loose and fell off into the armrest/tray storage space on CO in August. It took the FA's flashlight to find it, but we were successful. We wrapped tape around it until we could get it home to be resized. That was scary.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 3:10 pm

Swampfox,
Don't give up yet. Make sure you gave a full description to US, including any inscriptions inside the ring. You wouldn't believe the things we find on there, including a beautiful diamond ring that did get back to its original owner. If the ring fell out of your pocket at night in the dark it could have gone into a crevice unnoticed, or possibly have slid to the front of the cabin (if it was on the floor) when the airplane landed and decelerated. It could also be caught under a piece of trim, or worse possible scenario, could have fallen into one of the side ducts. Who knows, it might turn up in a maintenance check or in an unusual place you never would have imagined. I really hope you get it back, and I hope that if someone finds it they will make every attempt to get it back to you.
Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.