Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP PLEASE with missing DM credit for UA flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2006, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Question HELP PLEASE with missing DM credit for UA flight

Last month, I flew IAD-SFO in C on UA as part of a larger itin to TPE. Despite having given the Delhi call center "agent" my Dividend Miles number when I called to get seat assignments, no number was entered. I failed to check it at check in.

I have been trying to get the appropriate missing credit, but keep hitting roadblocks. US insists they need the boarding pass. I explain that it doesn't exist any more. (The FA took boarding pass stub with jacket to hang. Upon returning jacket, no BP stub was returned). I have paper ticket receipt and bag tags. US says that United should be able to reissue. UA says they can't/won't, but will sell me a copy of my ticket receipt for $20. Each keeps bouncing me to the other without any attempt at help or suggestion. The closest I got was Mr. Reyes at UA MP who abruptly told me he couldn't help because he has no access to reservations records, and beyond that because my ticket stock didn't start with the right number sequence. He did tell me that I could try sending a copy of the receipt to MP in Tucson, but didn't know if they would help.

I know I failed twice, once in not verifying at check in, and the other in not securing the pass stub; will anyone offer any advice on solid steps to take to get the miles posted to US?

THANKS in advance.

(BTW, I tried searching the stickies and the forum, but nothing came close).
Old Feb 26, 2006, 11:30 am

Programs: United Gold
I had a similar problem one time with a flight from BMI not crediting on my US account and I didn't have the boarding pass. After discussing it at length with the DM people, I faxed a copy of my itinerary showing that I paid for the ticket, and my miles posted the next day.

The paper ticket receipt should be sufficient, I would think. Just include an explanation with your fax about the missing boarding pass.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 1:04 pm

Programs: US, UA
my recent related experience is here.

in my case, i faxed in my UA e-ticket receipt and photocopies of my boarding passes (multiple legs). it took 7 days from there to post to my account. the part of my experience that has some bearing for you is: my companion threw her BPs away, so i included a request on her behalf with mine and it worked out (the receipt/PNR had both names).

unlike you, once UA dropped the ball on coding me properly to get credited to DM automatically, i only dealt with US to get it fixed.

people must not have BPs often, but i can see the need for airlines to see some evidence you were on the flight. bag tags are just as good as BPs, imho.

here is a cut-paste from the US website (i didn't go this route):
Airline Partners

Airline partner miles should be credited to the members account within 90 days of the transaction. Flights flown on our airline partners prior to enrollment in the Dividend Miles program are not eligible for credit.

To credit missing flight activity for any travel on a partner airline write the Dividend Miles Service Center at the address below and include your name, address, account number and a copy of the ticket receipt(s) and the original boarding pass(es), indicating seat assignments. These documents must be submitted via mail; faxing is not an option.

US Airways
Dividend Miles Service Center
PO Box 025458
Miami, FL 33102
USA
Old Feb 27, 2006, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Thanks for the advice. I have sent all the documentation I have to DM Svc Center. Also sent to UA MP center. Hopefully one of the two will correct the problem!
Old Feb 27, 2006, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K; US 50K
Long way around the problem would be to claim credit on UA (via their website, electronically without having to produce boarding passes), then write US and UA and ask for it to be credited to US.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DC-USCP-UAPE
Long way around the problem would be to claim credit on UA (via their website, electronically without having to produce boarding passes), then write US and UA and ask for it to be credited to US.
Thanks. I may have to try that. Will they actually transfer from UA to US? I keep getting the US email reply, "we do need the boarding pass to credit".
Old Mar 7, 2006, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Do this. When you next fly UA, check-in online for your UA flight. Save the html page of the boarding pass. Load the html page in Notepad. Change all values to be the missing flight. Load new html page into IE. Print and fax to US. You'll get your credit. Works every time one is missing a boarding pass and/or receipt.

Keep in mind, you're on your honor here to not do this unless you're truly missing a pass for which you legitimately flew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.