Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring from United program to US Airways program

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United; Delta
Transferring from United program to US Airways program

I am a United Platinum member and a new job requires that I move to a new location, whose airport is dominated by US Air. I have heard that some airline programs will consider offering someone like me, equivalent status in their program. I understand that there is a name for this type of request but could not find any reference to this type of issue in this forum. I would be grateful for any responses on this matter.

Thank you.

Danno1
Old May 25, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA GS, AK MVP Gold 75
Originally Posted by Danno1
I am a United Platinum member and a new job requires that I move to a new location, whose airport is dominated by US Air. I have heard that some airline programs will consider offering someone like me, equivalent status in their program. I understand that there is a name for this type of request but could not find any reference to this type of issue in this forum. I would be grateful for any responses on this matter.

Thank you.

Danno1
Typically you would call the airline's mileage plan desk and ask for a "status match".
Old May 25, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by Danno1
...I have heard that some airline programs will consider offering someone like me, equivalent status in their program. ...
Unfortunately, US does not "status match" as a rule. Instead, there is the Trial Preferred program - for a fee, status attaches immediately, and then you fly xxx miles within 90 days on US/USX metal to retain status/reach higher status.

Welcome to US Airways and the US forum!
Old May 25, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by kudzu
Unfortunately, US does not "status match" as a rule. Instead, there is the Trial Preferred program - for a fee, status attaches immediately, and then you fly xxx miles within 90 days on US/USX metal to retain status/reach higher status.

What he said.

Welcome to the USeful Airline!
Old May 26, 2012, 2:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by kudzu

Actually, US (as do most other U.S.-based airlines) does a status match. If you work for a large company, contact your travel department. It is a very simple form.
Old May 27, 2012, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: United; Delta
Thank you to all of you who replied and for your welcome.

Best regards,

Danno1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.