New Airside Transfer Buses at DCA

Old Aug 10, 2005, 11:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
I guess they haven't had too many accidents as I descended the same stairs this week to board the bus between concourses. I did think it was funny - I had never walked outside a jetway like that until this week. I was frustrated that the folks in the DCA club had no idea what the regular hours were for the bus. They advised waiting at gate 36 to take a chance that the bus would be running that day. How's that for operational communication?
Old Aug 10, 2005, 11:33 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Spiff
That's very good.

I avoid DCA for the lack of airside transfers, plus the 30 min no-pee rule and the propensity of government theft of premium seats.

One down, two to go!
Two down - they got rid of the no-pee rule.

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=50372
Old Aug 11, 2005, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dcmike
Two down - they got rid of the no-pee rule.

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=50372
And apparently the dress rules for the Marshals. Yesterday's guy sported a shaved head, baggy chinos and a Hawaiian shirt. However, he still took up room in first class that should have gone to the Preferred member who inquired at the podium and who was informed that FC had checked in full.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 6:45 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by monitor
However, he still took up room in first class that should have gone to the Preferred member who inquired at the podium and who was informed that FC had checked in full.
Agree completely!

The airlines should stop letting the government steal seats, especially premium class seats at that.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 6:53 am

Programs: UA, AA
That's very good.

I avoid DCA for the lack of airside transfers, plus the 30 min no-pee rule and the propensity of government theft of premium seats.

One down, two to go!
Correct me if I am wrong but weren't they going to get rid of the 30-min pee rule? Has anyone heard any updates about that?

Edit... Sorry I missed that previous post. When did the no more pee-rule take affect?

Last edited by adamthetraveller; Aug 11, 2005 at 6:56 am
Old Aug 11, 2005, 7:11 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by adamthetraveller
When did the no more pee-rule take affect?
6pm on July 15th, 2005

I wonder if you were scheduled to land at 5:55 if you had to stay seated, but flights scheduled to land at 6:05 could get up and move about the cabin.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 8:19 am

And apparently the dress rules for the Marshals. Yesterday's guy sported a shaved head, baggy chinos and a Hawaiian shirt. However, he still took up room in first class that should have gone to the Preferred member who inquired at the podium and who was informed that FC had checked in full.
I think that I have flown with this Air Marshal before on DCA-EWR flight a few weeks ago.

Dan
Old Aug 11, 2005, 8:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat
Is it possible that there would be two Air Marhals in F on a flight into DC? I ask because over nthe weekedn there were two, for lack of a better description, completely ripped guys wearing business casual that came on the plane and gave the FA some little slip of paper. They then sat in 1C and 4D, despite there being open seats next to each other and their clear arrival together.

Anyway - I had been curious about why (or if) there would be 2 on the plane at the same time.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 8:33 am

Programs: US lowlife
Deadheading probably.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 8:37 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by jaymay
Is it possible that there would be two Air Marhals in F on a flight into DC? I ask because over nthe weekedn there were two, for lack of a better description, completely ripped guys wearing business casual that came on the plane and gave the FA some little slip of paper. They then sat in 1C and 4D, despite there being open seats next to each other and their clear arrival together.

Anyway - I had been curious about why (or if) there would be 2 on the plane at the same time.
Good bet.

A better indication would be the presence of firearms (hint: look at the ankles) and their actions/demeanor during the flight.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 9:26 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Is it possible that there would be two Air Marhals in F on a flight into DC?
I normally see two on flights between DCA and PIT primarily... also some flights between CLT and DCA. Normally in one of the row 2 aisles and the opposite row 3 aisle (A319/737). Saw two flying PIT-DCA about two weeks ago.... sitting in the gate next to each other, no carry-ons other than small briefcases. I was first passenger on board, and they were already seated. No talking to each other during the flight.

I don't mind the air marshall program, but then again, it hasn't inconvenienced me that I know of.. I've never missed an upgrade in or out of DCA, and on the JAX-DCA flight I usually take, there's rarely more than 3 people in First anyway.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by JAXPax
I normally see two on flights between DCA and PIT primarily... also some flights between CLT and DCA. Normally in one of the row 2 aisles and the opposite row 3 aisle (A319/737). Saw two flying PIT-DCA about two weeks ago.... sitting in the gate next to each other, no carry-ons other than small briefcases. I was first passenger on board, and they were already seated. No talking to each other during the flight.
On the day I saw you in PIT a few weeks ago, on my CLT-PIT leg, there were two FAMs seated just you described -- one in row 2 (next to me) & the other in row 3. Towards the end of the flight, they were talking to each other about their schedules for the rest of the day & the next few days.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 1:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat
Good bet.

A better indication would be the presence of firearms (hint: look at the ankles) and their actions/demeanor during the flight.
Ahhhh.... the ankles. Good call - I was looking shoulder.

I kind of giggle when I see them, cause, really, they stand out like sore thumbs. Glad they're there, though. Oh, and in respose to another post about them being in rows 2 and 3 between DCA and CLT, one of them sat next to me in 2C and then moved up to 1, so that would seem to confirm it too.

This entire conversation feels shady.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 2:12 pm

Programs: United Gold
This entire conversation feels shady.
Think of it this way: people who might find this information valuable..

(a) likely do not read FT
(b) are likely able to spot the same behaviors, dress, traits, and ankles as we have.

If this is considered a breach of national security, then the guys dressing in Hawaiian shirts should be considered breaches as well for being so obvious and traditional in their approach to protecting us.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 2:22 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by hscottm
(b) are likely able to spot the same behaviors, dress, traits, and ankles as we have.
The fact that they are on the plane first, riding in First Class, and are normally the only people in business casual without a rollaboard or similar, frequently traveling in the middle of the day (early morning and late night aren't suspect, as they could be on a day trip as a legit business traveler or whatnot)..... that makes them stick out.

They are listed on the manifest like regular passengers. I've had flight attendants read their names off the manifest when taking drink orders.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.