Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Get a 100% bonus when you buy or gift miles (July 1-31, 2013 - May be targeted)

Old Jul 1, 2013, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold

Here we go again folks, for what may be the last time. Another 100% bonus sale on buying/gifting miles.

I just received the following email from US:

As a thank you for being one of our most loyal customers, we've got an exclusive offer just for you. Through July 31, 2013, when you buy or gift miles, you'll get a 100% bonus up to 50,000 miles.

Longing to take that trip to France this fall? Buying miles is the easy way to build up your mileage balance. And gifting miles helps friends and family reach award travel quickly. You could be roaming the streets of Paris in no time.
Apologies if this has already been posted but I scrolled through the last few pages of the forum and was unable to see anything related to this specific sale.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:01 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Smile

Just got the same email.

happy days.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold
Offer available for purchases made between July 1st 00:00:01 PT and July 31st, 2013 23:59:59 PT. All purchases are non-refundable. Bonus miles will be awarded upon completion of the transaction. The maximum number of Buy and Gift Bonus miles that can be received by one member for this offer is 50,000 bonus miles. For Gift purchases, bonus will be awarded to the recipient. All miles purchased beyond this limit will not be eligible for a bonus. Offer is subject to change. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Share transactions are not eligible for bonus. Only purchases made online are eligible for the bonus.
US stamping down on us FTers? Am I interpreting it correctly, that you can only receive a maximum of 50 000 miles in total from both buying and being gifted miles?

Can anyone confirm if this wording was in the terms and conditions in the past, or is this a new addition?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:15 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Ok I'm in for 100k again.^
Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:15 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by nicksname
US stamping down on us FTers? Am I interpreting it correctly, that you can only receive a maximum of 50 000 miles in total from both buying and being gifted miles?

Can anyone confirm if this wording was in the terms and conditions in the past, or is this a new addition?
Has been there AFAIK
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:31 am

Programs: NZ*G, TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels AdvantagePlus Platinum
Does anyone know if this is available to new members as well, or just existing US FF'ers?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by jeremykjtan
Does anyone know if this is available to new members as well, or just existing US FF'ers?
Here is an excerpt from their T&C, "Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift Miles."
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by nicksname

max 50K is bonus - so 100K total as usual

also - it's not targeted, right?

Last edited by belfordrocks; Jul 1, 2013 at 7:59 am
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: US: Silver, HHonors
Appears targeted, at least my wife and I did not receive this offer.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:52 am

ah, I got the offer and I just spent 90K on June 30th. Happy July.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by SubPar
Appears targeted, ....
I agree. I got the offer, and when I log in to Buy the offer is there. My usual travel companion (UA 1K, US G) did not get the email offer, and when he logged in there was no 100% offer.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 12:02 pm

Does anyone know if one account can both buy 50k(100k after bonus) AND gift 50k(100k) to a second account? My fiancee got the bonus offer but I did not, so we're hoping to hit it twice from her account.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold; Accor Plat; SQ/TG
It's targeted - acct that bought 168k miles this year received the 100% promo, as did one that bought 181k miles this year; however acct that bought 10.5k miles this year (but 100k last year) didn't have the promo, nor did one(s) that didn't buy anything so far this year.

By the way, while the T&Cs state that
The maximum number of Buy and Gift Bonus miles that can be received by one member for this offer is 50,000 bonus miles
it's possible to use one account with 100% bonus to both buy miles for itself as well as gift miles to another account (since each account is only receiving 50k bonus miles). Thus if you have an account with the promotion and one without, you can end up with having 100k in both accounts. Have done this in the past and just did it ~10 minutes ago.

Another tip for those trying to buy miles to new accounts - while the T&Cs state that
Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift Miles.
these new accounts are still eligible to receive gifted miles with 100% bonus, assuming the gifting account has the promotion. Have also done this in the past by gifting with bonus to brand new accounts < 1 hour old.

Here's to hoping my first post on FT was a helpful one!

Last edited by Aeran; Jul 1, 2013 at 12:08 pm Reason: clarify new accounts receive 100% bonus too
Old Jul 1, 2013, 12:12 pm

Smile

AMAZING thank you!

Originally Posted by Aeran
it's possible to use one account with 100% bonus to both buy miles for itself as well as gift miles to another account (since each account is only receiving 50k bonus miles). Thus if you have an account with the promotion and one without, you can end up with having 100k in both accounts. Have done this in the past and just did it ~10 minutes ago.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by Aeran
...Here's to hoping my first post on FT was a helpful one!
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Aeran ^

Your first post was indeed helpful; may we see more of you here!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.