Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked Luggage PHL-FRA-OSL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Checked Luggage PHL-FRA-OSL

I'm on a flight today from PHL-FRA, then continuing on tomorrow morning to OSL. From my understanding, once I arrive in FRA, I'll need to re-claim my checked luggage and then re-check it on to OSL. According to the Ticket Agent, she said that it would go all the way through to OSL without me needing to get it in FRA. Which is the real answer?

Also, as a side note, I'm in the US Airways A Lounge right now and there is no soup...do they put it out at a certain time?

Thanks in advance!
-Matt
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Soup comes out later in the day... you're a bit early.

Your bags will meet you OSL. No need (or ability) to get them in FRA for re-check. You will be a "connecting" passenger so upon arrival in FRA you will connect through to OSL. You won't have to leave the secure area, claim bags and then re-check them as you would if you were (for example) flying into PHL from FRA and then connecting on to your final.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Thanks geo1005! It gives me some peace of mind to get confirmation on that. I just wish the soup would come out sooner! I hope it comes out before the flight!
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Also, as a side note, I'm in the US Airways A Lounge right now and there is no soup...do they put it out at a certain time?

Thanks in advance!
-Matt
I want to say it's out by 4 - on Sunday I had a 5pm out of A-East and it was out when I was in the club at 4. Assume you're on US 700, the 425pm to FRA? You could always ask someone in the club when it comes out and maybe they could even start it sooner.

On your return, if FRA-PHL is on US, LH may not be able to issue your BP in OSL though you can through-check bags. You'll get the BP at the gate in FRA. I have this happen a fair bit in MUC, especially if coming from places where a LH subsidiary is printing BPs (most recently in BEG with the Austrian ticket counter), and it is not cause for concern.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:33 pm

Just to clarify the above, depending on what Pier you arrive in at FRA you may need to leave security and reclear. You will need to clear immigration at FRA for sure as OSL is in the Schengen region.

When you get to OSL you will arrive in the "European Domestic" section of the airport. You will exit the aircraft into a sterile area and walk to baggage claim where your through checked bag should meet you. You will then clear customs in OSL. If you have an onward connection in Norway you MUST collect your bag in Oslo and then recheck it.

I've done the connection to OSL through MUC and FRA more times than I can remember. If you have any questions let me know via PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.