Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5k PQM for US Club Renewal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:59 am
Original Poster

5k PQM for US Club Renewal

FYI to watch your emails if you might be interested. My Club membership expired in September.

"As a Silver Preferred member, you can renew your US Airways Club membership between November 12 and November 18, 2012 and pay only $325. Plus for a limited time, you'll also earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles with promo code 5KPQM."
Old Nov 12, 2012, 5:13 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I just got the same offer, but for $400 for a first-time membership (I've never had a paid club membership).

"As a Dividend Miles member, you can join the US Airways Club between November 12 and November 18, 2012 and pay only $400. Plus for a limited time, you'll earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles and we'll waive the $50 initiation fee with promo code 5KPQM."
Old Nov 12, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Mine is for $275! Count me in!!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
When I click the link in the email and it takes me to the page to sign up it only shows regular pricing and the promo code isn't even filled in.

Don't want to get charged $375 and have to fight for $50 credit
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
I've received no such email. Do they pick and choose who gets these offers and if so what is the criteria?
My club membership expires Feb 13, 2013 so I'm at the 90 day window.
Could I re-new using the promo code to get the PQM's or do you have to be 'invited'?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:24 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
A few weeks ago I got an offer to renew for 1000 PQMs(my club membership expires 11/18).

I decided to hold out until I need to take a trip. But when I got the mail this morning, I took the bait and will pocket 5000 PQMs.

What's interesting is that the Silver member (OP) got the same price as a Gold member. I also didn't see a receipt to show $325 charged (instead of the $375 list price for Gold renewal). But I took screen shots and have the email, so I guess I'll wait and see what posts to my AMEX.

As a Gold Preferred member, you can renew your US Airways Club membership between November 12 and November 18, 2012 and pay only $325. Plus for a limited time, you'll also earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles with promo code 5KPQM.

One membership gives you access to the US Airways Club, United Club and Star Alliance lounges - more than 250 clubs worldwide. Renew online, call 800-828-8522 or stop by any US Airways Club. Be sure to provide your Dividend Miles number and promo code 5KPQM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Drat...just renwed last Thursday for 1,000 miles. I sent an email asking for the 5,000 but don't expect them to give it to me.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by PHL
What's interesting is that the Silver member (OP) got the same price as a Gold member. I also didn't see a receipt to show $325 charged (instead of the $375 list price for Gold renewal).
Silver, Gold and Platinum Preferred are all usually $375, Chairman's is $325.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
A couple questions someone may be able to answer for me:

1. Do the 5000 PQMs count towards your regular miles that you can use for award tickets or is it simply towards your PQM total?

I'm at about 85 PQMs for the year so getting another 5K will get me closer to potentially reaching Chairman.

Last edited by WiscAZ; Nov 12, 2012 at 9:13 am Reason: Found answer on website about new members being ok to join.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: DM member since 1996, DM Gold, Marriott Gold
5k PQM sounds like a great deal. To bad I just reached Gold and an extra 5k in miles will not push me up to Plat.

I have my fingers crossed they offer this same deal in Jan.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EP
As a Chairman's Preferred member, you can renew your US Airways Club membership between November 12 and November 18, 2012 and pay only $275. Plus for a limited time, you'll also earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles with promo code 5KPQM.
I have already been given a complimentary membership but I get the above email anyway! Note: it's only 275 USD!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
A couple questions someone may be able to answer for me:

1. Do the 5000 PQMs count towards your regular miles that you can use for award tickets or is it simply towards your PQM total?
Great question. Anybody know the answer?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Conundrum

5K PQMs for a $275 membership renewal...awesome! I needed just 3K more to get to 125K PQMs this year...so that I qualify for, um...a free Club membership....?

Buy a Club membership so that I can get a free membership from Special Dividends?

Seriously, I'm in a bit of a conundrum since I'll be at 122K at the end of the year. I wasn't planning on renewing my club membership since I now get access with Amex Plat but hoping I'd pass 125K PQMs for the free Club membership so I can access United Clubs, which I use about 6x per year.

Any chance membership will extend an additional year when I cross 125K in December?

EDIT: I found the answer, from the Special Dividends T&C's: "The expiration date will be the last day of February after the Preferred year in which the benefit was earned." Geez, technically only 2 months of free membership. Not much of a "dividend" for flying all those miles.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum
I was a member last year and my membership lapsed in June 2012. I haven't renewed yet. I have never received any emails regarding clubs and promos but would think I would be a prime candidate to.

Anyone know how they got on the list and/or how I can get on it? I'd definitely do it for reduced cost and/or 5K PQM. I have silver status but will be gold next week.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by bd3500
I was a member last year and my membership lapsed in June 2012. I haven't renewed yet. I have never received any emails regarding clubs and promos but would think I would be a prime candidate to.

Anyone know how they got on the list and/or how I can get on it? I'd definitely do it for reduced cost and/or 5K PQM. I have silver status but will be gold next week.
You can find the info on the US homepage so anyone can participate.

Does this get us United clubs as well or just US?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.