Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Double PQM Time! (Book by 10/31 for flights thru 12/31, using US MasterCard)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
ech.. I wish they could send some love for segment flyers. 3x PQM on the shuttle still isn't going to do anything for me.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, etc
It’s worded a bit strange, almost reads like you won’t get double miles when using US Airways card but only double PQMs. Anybody else reads it like this?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:20 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, Marriott Gold
I booked all my travel , 3 trips to Las from PHL, earlier in the month with my DMMC. I'm curious as to if purchasing a seat upgrade would get them to credit me for double PQMs?

Last edited by TopGun; Sep 18, 2012 at 4:21 am Reason: misspell.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:48 am

Programs: Free Agent
Dangit...looks like I need to sign up for the DM MC...how long do they take to get?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

About 2 weeks.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by Yoksel
It’s worded a bit strange, almost reads like you won’t get double miles when using US Airways card but only double PQMs. Anybody else reads it like this?
PQM's are always inclusive of regular miles.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by kudzu
I agree with ellinj, but if you're flying because of this promo, you should shoot an email with the same question to the Preferred Desk ... and see what they say.

Nothing like having something in writing just in case ...
I did send an e-mail to the Silver desk of US Airways. And it confirms what everyone on here has been saying. Their answer was...

"While the mileage earned from the "Double miles, endless options" will
not post for six to eight weeks after your travel, they will post
retroactively for your travel date.

Therefore, if your travel is complete by 12/31/2012, once the mileage is
posted it will count towards your 2012 Preferred Qualifying miles.

We value your business and want to thank you for your continued support
of US Airways."

Thanks everyone for your input on this!!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by tommyleo
PQM's are always inclusive of regular miles.
Except for the 10K annual PQMs based on $25K spend from Barclay MC ... which is associated with this offer.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID RAZR 4G Build/6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I wonder if I can get the same with the US Airways DM VISA? Don't have any mastercards!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: US Platinum
I was thinking the same I only have US Airways Visa. I do have a American Master Card don't think that will work.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
...I wonder if I can get the same with the US Airways DM VISA? ...
I doubt it. Different banks (BofA for US Visa, Barclays for US MC) and I gather this is a promo in conjunction with Barclays, which appears much more intimate with US these days.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:34 am

Okay, stupid question, if I combined this with trial preferred platinum, would I get 2x base miles bonus (promotion) + 75% bonus (platinum status) or base miles + 75% (platinum) * 2x (promotion)?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
Yeah! - this promo is MUCH better than a Grand Slam, it rewards flying instead of buying cookies.

Also, much better than H/S/J as you still need significant BIS flying to attain high level status.

Good job marketing folks; I really hope that US doesn't acquire AA.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
That's really unfortunate, two weeks ago I booked to London in LX C for November. I'm not usually a credit card person, but I definitely would have applied for the US Mastercard and spent the $200 extra for Envoy Suites for 28K PQM's.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Plat
Ok, so this might be a really dumb question and I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but I couldn't quite tell from the T&C...

We're certain the DPQM earned are actually on the flight flown (miles flown x 2) and not the miles earned by the purchase (cost of ticket x2)??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.