Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways - 15,000 bonus miles for existing card holders [targeted]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 8:16 am

My wife just got the 15K offer on her 2nd US Airways MC, applied for and received in early March. Does anyone know if the $750 per month can be made by an authorized user (me) and still qualify for the bonus? I'm guessing it's just overall card spend, but I was wondering if anyone had this experience.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
I just got this offer in mail as well. Do I need to add an authorized user or just have to spend $750 to get this bonus?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
I just got this offer in mail as well. Do I need to add an authorized user or just have to spend $750 to get this bonus?
When did you get the card and when was your last charge? Trying to figure out why I never got one, or if it's coming soon...
Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by PainCorp
When did you get the card and when was your last charge? Trying to figure out why I never got one, or if it's coming soon...
My wife and I each got the offer right around the card's 3 month birthday, and I think most others' have been on about the same timeline. Hers had been used only during the first month, mine during each month.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:00 am

Programs: status free since 2017
I think 3months or so.

Have you been a heavy user of this card? I only did couple of transactions in first week of activating then put the card under a large pile since I was doing min spend meet on 4 other cc's. Maybe you gotta make it clear that the card is losing it's priority in your wallet. Maybe they will try to motivate you then.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:23 am

Different data point, from a customer service rep:

Different data point, from a customer service rep:

I called about another reason and also verified when I would receive the miles for the spends I made in March, April and May (should post by the end of July).

That done, I inquired when or how my husband, who got the card about a month before me, would get such as offer? Could he perhaps ask for it? Rep said it is random, but put me on hold after asking for his card #. He came back and said since husband has no charges on the card he was not eligible. He indicated running a zero balance made you ineligible!

This surprised me because I thought the recommendations here were to not use the card for a few months. It also makes sense that I, getting the card in late December and using it to only make a few purchases to get the points, would get a postcard re: a March, April, May spend offer. Perhaps they run some program in the month or two after you got the card which allowed me to qualify, but skipped my husband as having zero balance for too long.

I immediately charged a few small things on my husband's card. We'll see what happens next! The card does theoretically require use every 6 months, so I had thought I would do that just to be sure anyway, and talking to the rep encouraged me to do so right away.

On another topic, I was astonished, given all the privacy rules, that the rep didn't make my husband call!
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:02 am

Got the March, April, May offer. I met the requirement in early May before the statement in early May (May 5th) was created. There were no bonus miles which I expected since the month May had not completed and they probably do not evaluate the account until the statement after the last month of the offer.

June 5th statement is created, no miles. I email them and they say yes I qualified.
July 5th statement is created, still no miles. I email them and now it is with another department and can take 10 days.

Have others had issues?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:42 am

Am I correct in saying that you only receive this offer once? The card was a recent churn (early April) and I'm currently on my $750 x 3 months, 15k. At some point I have to decide whether to try squeezing in one more churn before the merger, or to keep it and hope that the card is still eligible for the 10k annual bonus next year.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Originally Posted by mileshound
Got the March, April, May offer. Have others had issues?
Mileshound relax...i think the T&Cs state 6-8 weeks...IME, it took that long, but then faithfully posted without having to follow up.

you finished the promo in May. Give it until mid-August...
Old Jul 12, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Jan, Feb, March

Wife is still waiting for her miles to post. Two phone calls and was told they would post in a couple of weeks. Still not here. Time to call again. This is very odd.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Originally Posted by mileshound
Got the March, April, May offer. I met the requirement in early May before the statement in early May (May 5th) was created. There were no bonus miles which I expected since the month May had not completed and they probably do not evaluate the account until the statement after the last month of the offer.

June 5th statement is created, no miles. I email them and they say yes I qualified.
July 5th statement is created, still no miles. I email them and now it is with another department and can take 10 days.

Have others had issues?
Similar time frames for me. I saw upstream that they said the miles will post by the end of this month so I'm waiting...
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:48 am

Noticed just yesterday that my balance on AwardWallet was up by 15,000 so I guess that must be the miles from the March, April, May promotion. Now to see if hubby gets an offer soon. Hopefully not too soon, though, since we are completing the minimum spend on his new Ink Bold!
Old Jul 20, 2013, 2:57 pm

I'm starting to wonder if a points.com (US airways mile) purchase'd count as a net retail purchase...
Old Jul 20, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
I'm still waiting for my Feb, Mar, and Apr... had to call Barclays this morning. Agent verified that I met the requirements from the promotion. She would send a request for it to be researched... hopefully it will show up on my next statement in a few weeks.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:12 am

Got the March, April, May offer, miles posted on 7/20.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.