US Airways - 15,000 bonus miles for existing card holders [targeted]

Old Feb 1, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: HGP/SPG: Apprentice Kettle; UA/AA/DL: Journeyman Kettle
I admit, I didn't read every post but ...

The way the t&c s read it appears that the spend requirement is for the calendar month, not the statement closing month/period.

So, I have spent more than the required $750.00 DURING the month of January. However, my statement closing balance was only ~$580.00 because the January closing only captured part of the Calendar month. Will this be an issue with Barclays/US Airways granting the 15K Dividend Miles [assuming of course that I meet at least the minimum $750.00 spend in each of the Jan-Feb-Mar Calendar months]?

Last edited by MIT_SBM; Feb 1, 2013 at 10:00 am Reason: clarification
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by MIT_SBM
The way the t&c s read it appears that the spend requirement is for the calendar month, not the statement closing month/period.

So, I have spent more than the required $750.00 DURING the month of January. However, my statement closing balance was only ~$580.00 because the January closing only captured part of the Calendar month. Will this be an issue with Barclays/US Airways granting the 15K Dividend Miles [assuming of course that I meet at least the minimum $750.00 spend in each of the Jan-Feb-Mar Calendar months]?
No. It is for the calendar month, not the statement period. I didn't have $750 on each of my statements but did have $750 in each calendar month, and I got the bonus. I'm not even sure what "January statement" means -- is that the one you get in January or the one that has (most of) your January purchases on it (that you receive in February)? In any case, I either didn't have $750 on my September statement (the one I got in September), or I didn't have $750 on my November statement (the one I got in December).
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:06 pm

Think my question is supposed to go here...

My 3 consecutive months for the 15k bonus begins on February 1, 2013.
I bought 1k worth of VR cards at CVS on January 31, 2013 and I see a temporary authorization.

I believe CVS usually post transaction a couple of days later. Would this date be used for my transaction from U.S. Barclay or am I out of luck because I bought my $750 or more in January?

TIA
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Originally Posted by metoo
Think my question is supposed to go here...

My 3 consecutive months for the 15k bonus begins on February 1, 2013.
I bought 1k worth of VR cards at CVS on January 31, 2013 and I see a temporary authorization.

I believe CVS usually post transaction a couple of days later. Would this date be used for my transaction from U.S. Barclay or am I out of luck because I bought my $750 or more in January?

TIA
metoo - I don't have an answer to your question - just curious though, was there a compelling reason you couldn't wait for just 1 more day, just 24 more hours?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by gya007
metoo - I don't have an answer to your question - just curious though, was there a compelling reason you couldn't wait for just 1 more day, just 24 more hours?
No compelling reason other than I wasn't thinking . CVS was on my path from work. I thought the Posted transaction date, the day the merchant receives payment from bank is what counts. Just looking back at my previous account card and realized U.S. Barclay will note the transaction date and posted date.

I think I am out of luck. I think my purchase won't count for February 2013. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by metoo; Feb 2, 2013 at 5:51 am
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:59 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by diceman
Would love to hear of anyone utilizing Amazon Payments as goods/services for this promo. I just received the offer for $750 spend per month for Oct, Nov, & Dec.
I am curious about that as well. The TOS says it won't work (no person-to-person money transfers), but I am wondering if it will work anyway.

Anyone have any success?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:45 pm

Folks, here's my datapoint. $750 spend for Oct, Nov, Dec, for 15k miles. I just got the bonus miles...!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:54 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by gya007
Folks, here's my datapoint. $750 spend for Oct, Nov, Dec, for 15k miles. I just got the bonus miles...!
Did you use Amazon payments, by chance?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by b8b
Nope...just regular purchases...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by b8b
I've used AP for the 15,000 mile bonus and it worked.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I used to load Amex Target and I got the 15000 miles(Oct, Nov & Dec 2012).
Old Feb 13, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US
like a dummy, I deleted the email....then changed my mind but had already emptied the trash folder. If I called them, do you think I could still get the 15K?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by havaiisteve
like a dummy, I deleted the email....then changed my mind but had already emptied the trash folder. If I called them, do you think I could still get the 15K?
You don't need to, as long as you remember which months you need to spend the $750 in. There's no registration or anything; you just do the spend during the assigned period and you get the bonus.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
Got my Oct-Dec 15k on 2/7. Spent about $800 each month, from Oct to Dec. Good fun!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:08 pm

Data point: Got the card in late December and charged <$50 in the first month, didn't spend anything the second month. Got email for March-April-May for $750/month.

My question: I know people have been asking if AP works and so far it seems to be. My rent payment is exactly $750. I pay my roommate through AP and then he pays the landlord. Does anyone see this being a problem to meet the spend?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.