Flying Charlotte to Paris next summer.

Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Flying Charlotte to Paris next summer.

It is a great possibility that i will be flying to Paris next summer for the Le Bourget air show and i was wondering if anyone here as heard or suspects that Clt-Cdg-Clt will be re upgraded to a 332 next year. I will have enough miles for a free round trip be it clt-phl-cdg or clt-cdg direct however if the 762 is still on clt-cdg i might as well just take clt-phl-cdg for the 332. Has anyone heard any thing about this? any feedback is always appreciated!
Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Anything is possible between now and then. But given that US has been running the 762 CLT-CDG this summer -- and has now eliminated winter service on this route -- I would not get my hopes up. US seems to have switched to a 333 PHL-CDG for this coming winter, but I am guessing that if and when the summer 762 CLT-CDG returns, this will go back to a 332 PHL-CDG next summer.

The only times recently that US has run 332s on both CDG routes is in the winter when later CDG winter departure schedules were permitting "crossing" routes, i.e., CLT-CDG-PHL was typical for a given plane ....
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Agreed. And it is obvious you are an aviation buff so it's not the worst thing in the world to fly CLT-PHL-CDG and do a little plane spotting! If you are a US Club member, a Star Gold, or have a day pass to the US Airways Club, the PHL A Terminal Club is a decent place to spend an hour or two.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
It was my understanding that they are moving the winter PHL-CDG 332 to CLT-GIG winter route then cycling it back to PHL next summer? Which makes sense because of the increase demand to head south for the winter. I believe I read that over on a.net a little bit ago.

Go Gators

Edit: agreed about the view from the A lounge at PHL. You can see all the big birds from there...
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Yes! The A332 will go on the CLT-GIG route this winter.

Hmmmmm, maybe an off-peak envoy award!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Yes, I have never flown on the us 332 or 762, and don't have much time left for the 762 so i may just do the direct anyways, but my first thoughts on the downgrade was that it appeared the 332 decision was going to be put it on clt-cdg or the 2nd clt-fra. and they chose clt-fra as oposed to last summer where they chose clt-cdg (2nd Clt-fra) was going to be on 762. I figured with the new 332's arriving next year (finally). That one of the first routes to see it back would be Clt-cdg. since it seemed to be an debate the past 2 summers.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I recommend to take clt-phl-cdg, just to be safe.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Hmm i might as well just choose clt-cdg at least i get the vintage 762. Where is the 762 off of Clt-gig going this winter.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Cltflyer1
Hmm i might as well just choose clt-cdg at least i get the vintage 762.
Be careful what you wish for ....
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by Cltflyer1
Hmm i might as well just choose clt-cdg at least i get the vintage 762. Where is the 762 off of Clt-gig going this winter.
are you freaking nuts????
Old Jul 27, 2012, 6:58 am

Yes, the A332 is FAR more comfortable and has much better in-flight entertainment than the 767.

The best way to experience the 767 is to look at it from your seat on the A332 as it pushes back in PHL for your flight to CDG.

(Or watch the schedule and see if the 767 flies the mid-afternoon CLT-PHL leg - as it does this summer. So a 767 to PHL and then the A332 to CDG.)
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

well Completely disregarding everyones suggestions. I am on the clt-cdg flight next summer and am currently hoping for the best but have 15 a as my seat so i know i have a window seat. Hoping it gets upgraded, but if it doesn't oh well. Another question i see that clt-fco is now a 762 into late may. Is it down grading for to a 762 next summer or is the schedule not finalized yet?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:08 am

Programs: US Chairman, BA Bronze, SPG Gold
Would have to agree with the other posts...choosing a 762 over the A33x aircraft for transatlantic travel is a bit nuts if there were reasonable A33x flights available.

I recently had the "pleasure" of flying the 762 on GIG-CLT-GIG in envoy. While the experience was perfectly acceptable (thanks to two excellent cabin crews) and the envoy soft product, the age and comfort of the aircraft is severely lacking. And that is certainly true of the economy cabin as well. If you were really desperate to say you've flown the 762, I would have done it on a CLT-PHL flight and saved the long-haul to Paris for the much nicer A33x.

But, hope you have a good trip nevertheless on the old lady 762.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:26 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Whether the A332 will return on CLTCDG all depends on whether or not the second daily CLTFRA will resume next summer.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CLT
Whether the A332 will return on CLTCDG all depends on whether or not the second daily CLTFRA will resume next summer.
You would think but US is getting 2 new a332's in may.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.