FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   $30 one-way fares (DCA to LIT, JAN, BHM, PNS, VPS & TLH) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1370632-30-one-way-fares-dca-lit-jan-bhm-pns-vps-tlh.html)

sbbutler93 Jul 25, 2012 11:46 am

$30 one-way fares (DCA to LIT, JAN, BHM, PNS, VPS & TLH)

Just announced as part of 30 days for DC on Twitter

http://www.usairways.com/en-us/specials/dcfaresale.html

RMINIONE Jul 25, 2012 11:51 am

Places where no one wants to go to.

mrredskin Jul 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by RMINIONE (Post 19000094)
Places where no one wants to go to.

you've obviously never been to gulf shores, pensacola, or destin area

masonuc Jul 25, 2012 12:19 pm

They seem to be generally available -- but yeah, no place I'd ever want to go. I even toyed with a few trips but a little research confirms there is nothing to do at any of these places, and if I want the FL beach I'll spring a little extra to go to FLL or MIA.

IADCAflyer Jul 25, 2012 12:43 pm

DCA-LIT - 1,772 tier miles for $60.00....

or 3544 total miles for $60.00.

Throw in the Gold preferred bonus and you're up to 4430 miles for $60 or $0.013 per mile...

LowlySpartan Jul 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by ITRADE (Post 19000463)
DCA-LIT - 1,772 tier miles for $60.00....

or 3544 total miles for $60.00.

Throw in the Gold preferred bonus and you're up to 4430 miles for $60 or $0.013 per mile...

Yeah, I'd totally do it just for the miles (since I'm going to be just shy of *G without this), but can't seem to find anything. Also, anything about same day turns or crediting to another FFP? Didn't see anything in fine print.

Plusflyer Jul 25, 2012 1:01 pm

There is a DCA-LIT same day turn around on 9/11. But how do you bypass the 1 hours minimum for the same day turn around with the return ticket? Do you book two one ways? The return flight will be on the same plane so most of the IRROPS are covered but what if there is overbooking and you will arrive in a different plane?

CMK10 Jul 25, 2012 1:19 pm

I went ahead and bought a roundtrip to PNS. It's going to mean a long drive up from Durham but I've been meaning to go to the Museum of Naval Aviation for a while and fares out of RDU have been really high to PNS. Even with a hotel in the D.C. Area and two tanks of gas this will be less. Plus, when else am I going to fly DCA-PNS on an awful CRJ-200? :p

IADCAflyer Jul 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Plusflyer (Post 19000615)
There is a DCA-LIT same day turn around on 9/11. But how do you bypass the 1 hours minimum for the same day turn around with the return ticket? Do you book two one ways? The return flight will be on the same plane so most of the IRROPS are covered but what if there is overbooking and you will arrive in a different plane?

I booked a one night. I've got a gazillion Hilton miles. Or I can priceline it.

shopper711 Jul 25, 2012 2:52 pm

Its gone! :(

sbbutler93 Jul 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by LowlySpartan (Post 19000487)
Yeah, I'd totally do it just for the miles (since I'm going to be just shy of *G without this), but can't seem to find anything. Also, anything about same day turns or crediting to another FFP? Didn't see anything in fine print.

Can't do same-day turns for the double miles promo

GNRMatt Jul 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Just wish they'd do things like this out of Philly. I know this is being done because of the "30 Days for DC" month, but it would be nice if they did random things like this at other airports as well. I would've jumped on this...and destination can be made into a good weekend.

CMK10 Jul 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by GNRMatt (Post 19001616)
Just wish they'd do things like this out of Philly. I know this is being done because of the "30 Days for DC" month, but it would be nice if they did random things like this at other airports as well. I would've jumped on this...and destination can be made into a good weekend.

Hey man, if I can drive from Durham, North Carolina to Washington D.C. you can certainly drive from Philadelphia. Or take one of many Amtrak trains. :p

Plusflyer Jul 25, 2012 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by sbbutler93 (Post 19001508)
Can't do same-day turns for the double miles promo

According to the fine print of the double miles promo, you cannot do same-day turn X-DCA-X as it will be considered a connection but you can do DCA-X-DCA.

krpjr Jul 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Where are these places and what is there to do :confused:? :rolleyes::D