FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   short layover CLT (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1367238-short-layover-clt.html)

diamondsnthesky Jul 16, 2012 9:12 pm

short layover CLT

I haven't flown into/through Charlotte, NC (CLT) before - is this 48 minute layover going to be cutting it too close? Will they be out of the same terminal? What do you suggest? Thanks!

US Airways – Flight 2267
Operated by US Airways Express-Psa Airlines
Take-off Wed 5:30a IAD Washington, DC
Landing Wed 6:52a CLT Charlotte, NC
Canadair Regional Jet 700 (Regional Jet) | 1h 22m

Layover CLT Charlotte, NC [0h 48m]

US Airways – Flight 571
Take-off Wed 7:40a CLT Charlotte, NC
Landing Wed 10:12a SEA Seattle, WA
Airbus A321-100/200 (Narrow-body Jet) | 5h 32m

BoeingBoy Jul 16, 2012 9:45 pm

As always, if your inbound is close to on schedule that'll be plenty of time. You'll arrive on the E concourse (USX only gates) and probably depart on the B concourse - a 10 minute walk.

Jim

ibrandsguest Jul 17, 2012 3:58 am

Agreed.

That's sort of tight but you should be able to make it, as pointed out above. I'd just check the flight status of each flight for the day before your trip and see where they land/take off, look at the airport map and map it out. E to B can be a trek but it's doable- there are moving sidewalks a lot of the way.

coachrowsey Jul 17, 2012 8:48 am

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy (Post 18944022)
As always, if your inbound is close to on schedule that'll be plenty of time. You'll arrive on the E concourse (USX only gates) and probably depart on the B concourse - a 10 minute walk.

Jim

+1 here. Just a Jim said you're going to have to hustle assuming your flight is on time.

Dieuwer Nov 15, 2012 5:44 pm

How about BOS-CLT-SAT US1231/US2609? Layover is quoted as 42 mins. I only bring a carry-on. Flying first class.

ibrandsguest Nov 15, 2012 5:48 pm

Same- as long as your first flight is on time, 42 minutes is doable.

phlwookie Nov 15, 2012 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2 (Post 19691418)
How about BOS-CLT-SAT US1231/US2609? Layover is quoted as 42 mins. I only bring a carry-on. Flying first class.

Originally Posted by NYCommuter (Post 19691437)
Same- as long as your first flight is on time, 42 minutes is doable.

It may be very tight though depending what gate assignment 2609 gets. It's a Mesa flight, so it'll be leaving from the E gates while 1231 will most likely come into B or C (potentially D if lucky). A high E gate from a high B or C gate is a nice hike. Definitely no margin for error.

hitherandyon Nov 16, 2012 9:00 am

Shouldn't be any trouble at all as long as the flight is on time. Fast walk from E
to B can be accomplished in under 15 minutes for sure.

Dieuwer Nov 16, 2012 11:49 am

Originally Posted by phlwookie (Post 19691608)
It may be very tight though depending what gate assignment 2609 gets. It's a Mesa flight, so it'll be leaving from the E gates while 1231 will most likely come into B or C (potentially D if lucky). A high E gate from a high B or C gate is a nice hike. Definitely no margin for error.

I could have taken an earlier flight, but the layover would have been close to 3 hours. No thanks.
The advantage of sitting upfront is that you can deplane first. It would have been a different story sitting at the back of the bus waiting for 15 minutes before being able to deplane.

Dieuwer Dec 22, 2012 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by hitherandyon (Post 19694587)
Shouldn't be any trouble at all as long as the flight is on time. Fast walk from E
to B can be accomplished in under 15 minutes for sure.

Just to report back that everything worked marvelous: plane arrived 10 mins early at the far end of terminal B. Walked, "glided" in about 15 mins to halfway terminal E, including a tea stop. I was well intime for my connecting flight.

phlwookie Dec 23, 2012 2:20 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2 (Post 19907716)
Just to report back that everything worked marvelous: plane arrived 10 mins early at the far end of terminal B. Walked, "glided" in about 15 mins to halfway terminal E, including a tea stop. I was well intime for my connecting flight.

Thanks for checking back to let us know.

hitherandyon Dec 23, 2012 5:41 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2 (Post 19907716)

Great - knew it would work out for you! Hope the rest of your trip went just as well.