Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Do you lose Preferred seats on existing reservations if you lose status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, *G, Marriott Platinum

I did a few searches and could not find an answer.

If someone is currently preferred, through a CP nomination or Silver Trial, and makes a booking and selects preferred seats for a flight next Spring, will they still be able to keep those seats if they subsequently lose status?

Thanks for any advice!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by jbryan77

If someone is currently preferred, through a CP nomination or Silver Trial, and makes a booking and selects preferred seats for a flight next Spring, will they still be able to keep those seats if they subsequently lose status?

Thanks for any advice!
Generally yes, as long as there are no IRROPS or you don't change your seat assignment voluntarily after your status drops.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jbryan77

Thanks for any advice!
The "official" stance is that you will lose those seats, but often times the seat assignments stick. The farther out the flight, the more likely to lose seats. If it is next spring, I wouldn't count on the prefer seats as lots can happen by then.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
To be more precise, any change to the record will result in losing them. Some things such as changing flights & seats are in your control. Some things such as IRROPS or even minor schedule changes are not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.