Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Gold - Flying United

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:43 am
Original Poster

US Airways Gold - Flying United

Hello There

I am new to this forum. I am flying alot of United flights using my UsAirways DM number. Depart and Connection are all United.

I am now Gold on US Airways, will I be able to get a Economy Plus set or upgraded to first? Do I get priority boarding?

Just wondering

thanks
john
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
No on the upgrades.

*G will get you the luggage allowance and priority boarding (listen to announcements and don't crowd the priority line ahead)
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by johnturek
Hello There

I am new to this forum. I am flying alot of United flights using my UsAirways DM number. Depart and Connection are all United.

I am now Gold on US Airways, will I be able to get a Economy Plus set or upgraded to first? Do I get priority boarding?

Just wondering

thanks
john
Anecdotally, some GA's will assign you an E+ seat at the gate once the UA pax are taken care of, but UA frowns on it, so it's a dying practice. If you want an E+ seat, best is to buy it and at least have the advantage of choosing your seat.

You aren't CPU-eligible so you won't get the freebie UG. But, UA offers a lot of decently-priced UG's, so ask if you don't get an offer.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
The short explanation is you'll have to buy anything outside of published *G benefits. Any extras like E+ or F will have to be bought unless you're entitled to it with a UA number.

That said, you'll likely be able to buy a TOD upgrade at check-in and bypass all the elites waiting for an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.