Buy miles and get up to a 100% Bonus (March 15 - April 15)

Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Buy miles and get up to a 100% Bonus (March 15 - April 15)

Buy miles between March 15 and April 15, 2012 and you will automatically receive a 50% Bonus. Join Points.com to get the inside scoop on US Airways promotions and earning opportunities and get an extra 50% Bonus. Just sign up to Points.com and register your Dividend Miles account before April 15, 2012 and you will get a total of 100% Bonus miles on your mileage purchase.

Offer available for purchases made between 12:00:01 AM (MT) March 15, 2012 and 11:59:59 PM (MT) April 15, 2012.
The 50% bonus for purchasing miles will be awarded at the time the purchased miles are posted to your account.
You must be a registered user of Points.com or join Points.com during the offer period to receive the additional 50% bonus. The additional 50% bonus will be awarded before June 5, 2012.
Offer available for Buy miles only.
The maximum number of combined bonus miles that can be received by one member for this offer is 50,000.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
Gift and Share transactions are not eligible for bonus. Only purchases made online are eligible for the bonus.

Last edited by jjjohn; Mar 15, 2012 at 3:59 am
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:27 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
hmmm join points.com....... i'm going to check it out.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
does this mean that existing member of points.com are excluded? (sorry I haven't read the full terms and conditions)

(edited to add that looking at the TandC it just says you must be a registered member during the promotion time... whereas the headline says you must join... so its ok for existing)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP
Saw this offer on the US site this AM and I came over the FT to post this but see that I'm scooped by a few hours!

The T&C's are not clear to me but the intent of the promotion seems to be that the additional 50% bonus is for NEW members - DM accounts that have never been registered with Points.com. I expect this excludes a lot of us after a few years of Grand Slams.

Has anyone that is an existing member of Points.com tried this? Please report back.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by PittDoc
Saw this offer on the US site this AM and I came over the FT to post this but see that I'm scooped by a few hours!

The T&C's are not clear to me but the intent of the promotion seems to be that the additional 50% bonus is for NEW members - DM accounts that have never been registered with Points.com. I expect this excludes a lot of us after a few years of Grand Slams.

Has anyone that is an existing member of Points.com tried this? Please report back.

A couple of years ago I was able to change or delete FF accounts linked to a points.com account, and later register to a new one.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PittDoc

I just answered that question immediately above!! the terms and conditions on the US buy miles page says you need to be an existing points.com member at the time to be eligible. so you can either join or be existing.

the wording is 'you must be a registered user or points.com or join points.com' during the promo period.

Last edited by LHR/MEL/Europe FF; Mar 15, 2012 at 7:02 am
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
Funny. I just registered my DM account in Points.com and it doesn't mention I'm entitled to 50% bonus. In fact it doesn't even mention about this offer at all.

I'm also tried to do a mock purchase and on payment screen it's only mention there is 50% bonus.

Does 50% apply to existing or new user of Points.com?

Do I have to change both my DM and Points.com address to US based before eligible for this offer?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
In addition to my account, I also manage Dividend Miles accounts for my wife and minor son.

May I use my credit card to buy each of us sets of 50K miles and earn the bonus in each of the three accounts?

Last edited by work2fly; Mar 15, 2012 at 1:50 pm
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:51 pm

went to points.com, set-up a new acct for DM (my old points.com did not have DM!)

Then used the purchase miles box on the right side -was directed to the DM purchase miles site.

found this:

*Offer available for purchases made between 12:00:01 AM (MT) March 15, 2012 and 11:59:59 PM (MT) April 15, 2012. The 50% bonus for purchasing miles will be awarded at the time the purchased miles are posted to your account. You must be a registered user of Points.com or join Points.com during the offer period to receive the additional 50% bonus.

The additional 50% bonus will be awarded before June 5, 2012.

Offer available for Buy miles only. The maximum number of combined bonus miles that can be received by one member for this offer is 50,000. Offer is subject to change without notice. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Gift and Share transactions are not eligible for bonus. Only purchases made online are eligible for the bonus.

So the extra 50% bonus miles come later - like the first week of June!!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrT123
Funny. I just registered my DM account in Points.com and it doesn't mention I'm entitled to 50% bonus. In fact it doesn't even mention about this offer at all.

I'm also tried to do a mock purchase and on payment screen it's only mention there is 50% bonus.

Does 50% apply to existing or new user of Points.com?

Do I have to change both my DM and Points.com address to US based before eligible for this offer?

So I think it wasn't credit at the same time.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:17 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by jjjohn
So I think it wasn't credit at the same time.
It's a leap of faith trusting points.com not to screw this up!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:06 pm
GGE

Programs: DL, US, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond
Here's the UA splash page for this promo -

https://membership.usairways.com/en-...tml?PROMOCODE=
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:25 pm

Has anyone had experience of offers with points.com previously with such a long lag time between purchase and the posting of bonus points? Just wondering if it takes that long in practice, or whether they're just covering themselves. Appreciate it's a bit of a hazy question, but would be grateful for any input.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: US Air, Hilton, Priority Club, AA, UA
Angry cost more then prior buy and bonus

This will costs about $18.8125 per 1,000. Compared to the $14.78 I paid in June 2011 for the same 1,000 that I got under that promo. 27%+ increase in mine months.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TomRI
This will costs about $18.8125 per 1,000. Compared to the $14.78 I paid in June 2011 for the same 1,000 that I got under that promo. 27%+ increase in mine months.
if it is cheaper to buy a business or first class flight outright then you should probably do that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.