Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club promotion 2/14-17 (5,000pqm)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I might have jumped on it if the 5k PQMs counted toward my challenge.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 1:26 pm

I think I'll probably jump on this -- thanks for all the answers. I figure it's kind of like doing a 5k MR for about 8 cpm. (Not quite, because you don't get the RDM, but generally speaking).

While an 8 cpm mileage run isn't exactly anything to write home about, considering that you don't actually need to fly and you also get a year of lounges for free, I think I'll probably do it and get rid of my Amex plat. The one downside that I see is not having access to priority pass, which is good for the AS boardroom; something I actually use.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
How soon after I purchase the membership can I use it? Do I have to wait for the card? I'm flying 8 segments within the next week, including the LGA-BRU deal, and would love lounge access (if any exists) in BRU. Problem is that I'm leaving on the 17th.

Last edited by PaceLaw2012; Feb 14, 2012 at 2:03 pm
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Well, decided to call Club Services, and they said that there's no way for me to access *A lounges until I get the membership card b/c "our computers arent linked." Fair enough, but unfortunate.

Still think i'm going to jump on this though.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Originally Posted by FlyNhighAgain
Are the deals different (cost) for CP/PP/GP/SP?
It appears so. And here's another data point: I have no US status and was offered it for $450 for 5k PQMs.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I would happily renew for this deal ... except that my membership runs through Oct2012 - so it won't work for me.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
I have the Amex Plat, and while it doesn't get me into UA. It can put $200 towards the $375 needed. Also, the lounge access and the SPG Gold is pretty cool too. Brain fart. What's the difference between PQM and RDM?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Dreamworks
I have the Amex Plat, and while it doesn't get me into UA. It can put $200 towards the $375 needed. Also, the lounge access and the SPG Gold is pretty cool too. Brain fart. What's the difference between PQM and RDM?
PQM = Preferred Qualifying Miles, so elite-qualifying miles.

RDM = Redeemable-only Miles.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by airgator
Just got off the phone with the Club folks. The old 90 day rule is still in effect - can't renew before you are 90 days or fewer from your expiration date. Drat.
You got that right ... I am going to be severely cheesed off if they don't do something like this for the rest of us later in the year.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
How soon after I purchase the membership can I use it? Do I have to wait for the card? I'm flying 8 segments within the next week, including the LGA-BRU deal, and would love lounge access (if any exists) in BRU. Problem is that I'm leaving on the 17th.
Well, decided to call Club Services, and they said that there's no way for me to access *A lounges until I get the membership card b/c "our computers arent linked." Fair enough, but unfortunate.

Still think i'm going to jump on this though.
The good news is that there are several *A lounges in BRU.

The bad news is that they are right -- you really need some card (including US Gold) to get into one of these places. But mightn't a receipt for a US Club card help ? I did talk my way into an LH *A lounge in CDG with an expired US Platinum card (which also did the trick in KRK, which was a piece of cake by comparison [and, for the record, I was still *A G, but I was traveling before my new card had shown up ...])
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: US Gold Starwoods Platinum Marriott Silver Hyatt Gold Hertz Presidents Circle
Prematurely renewed by a week
Darn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good deal too
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by mr3putt
Prematurely renewed by a week
Darn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good deal too
I'd call back. Not sure if a week is too long, but last year there were reports of retroactive benefits within a day or two, IIRC.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Here's my question....

I have a 90 day club membership which I started a few weeks ago. The $120 I paid is fully creditable towards an annual membership my original plan had been to pay the difference and extend in April when client checks start coming in.

If I pay the $255 ballance and extend during this promotion (before the 17th) will I get the 5K bonus PQM's or does it have to be from scratch (because technically my US Club membership year will be from late January and not during this promotion)?

If yes, I may pony up the money now rather than in two months...
Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Try printing a copy of your credit card receipt or something to show that you've bought it.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by NYCommuter
Try printing a copy of your credit card receipt or something to show that you've bought it.
I'll try it, although I'm not hopeful.

Also, I was wondering how long it takes for the 5000PQM to post to the account if I signed up online? Some people say that it was instantaneous, although those were phone signups. It's been 5 hours, and no update, although I wouldn't be surprised if it happened within 3 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.