Wiki Posts
Search

Additional $75 Charged to CC for mile redemption

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Additional $75 Charged to CC for mile redemption

Booked two R/T F tickets PHL - OGG for October 2014 last week. First there were issues with the e-mailed itinerary. I think since the last segment of the flight (PHX - OGG) was the following day it was less than 330 days out. So it did not show up in my e-mail confirmation and when I went online it was showing on the website as cancelled, although the CSR confirmed it was booked when I called. The next day the flight displayed correctly.

I noticed charges on my cc which all posted the same day for $10 x 2 and 50 x 2 (which agrees to the $120 in fees for the flight) but also $75 x 2 which I don't understand. I e-mailed them the question, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Thought possibly they incorrectly charged me a change fee to correct the last segment.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I would suggest calling either US web support or US customer service (not reservations) at your earliest convenience. The web support desk is very helpful and may be able to fix this without a huge hassle. If not, then customer service (open during business hours in Phoenix) is your friend.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:18 am
Original Poster

I think I figured out what happened:

•A non-refundable $75 fee (per passenger) is applied for award bookings made less than 21 days from the travel date. Dividend Miles members with Gold, Platinum or Chairman's status are exempt from the quick ticketing fee.

Initially the last segment of my flight was displayed on the website as October 2013 instead of October 2014 so the system may have thought it was less than 21 days. Then it realized October 2013 was last month so it was cancelled and then later corrected.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Received the attached e-mail and replied pointing out my reservation is for October 2014:

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

When you make a Dividend miles reservation within 21 days you will be charged the quick ticketing fee of $75.00 dollars per person. You can click on the link below to see our fees on our website.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...ooktravel.html

Thank you for being a member of our Dividend Miles program. We look forward to assisting you with any future needs.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
I strongly suggest you call to resolve this.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Success!

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We have sent a request to our Refunds Department on your behalf for ticket numbers - and -. Once reviewed, refunds are processed within three weeks and will appear on the credit card statement in 1 to 2 billing cycles.

After the normal processing time you may check the status of the refund online by going to the following page with your ticket number.

http://reservations.usairways.com/To...undStatus.aspx

We know that you have many choices and we thank you for choosing US Airways
Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: QF Gold
I have to do the same (booked about 3 weeks ago for travel in 14 days).

Will call in January once my trip is complete, as it was quite a .... creative routing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.