US Airways Mastercard - 50,000 bonus points (40,000 easy)

Old Sep 6, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Alumino
My application didn't get instant approval, so I had been trying to call the 866-750-6024 number I got when I applied -- always got a recording that told me to wait for up to a month.

I just saw the 866-408-4064 number that someone posted earlier in this thread, so I gave it a call.

Wow.

What fantastic customer service! Seriously! The guy was polite, spoke clearly and quickly, found he needed to split off some credit limit from another card, did that, and we were done. 4 minutes. I'm stunned.

Wow. That happens so rarely, I just had to share!
Same as my experience. Very professional!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:05 pm

^ +1

Had already applied for 10 credit cards within 3 months prior to this one. Using the same phone number, I called CS and was told the reason for denial is too many account inquiries. I asked if he could reconsidered this as I want to play the U.S. Airways Grand Slam this year and i would receive a "hit" for using the credit card.

No problem and received 10k CL
Old Sep 10, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As update, I was approved on 8/20, got the card in the mail around 8/28, used card, paid bill online 3 days later, 40,000 miles posted today. So it was 3 weeks from online application to miles.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
The first-year-free offer is at http://mostmiles.com/chairmans .

Thanks for posting. Got approved for me and Mrs. EX as well. Great deal. Thanks again^
Old Sep 11, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Thanks for posting. Got approved for me and Mrs. EX as well. Great deal. Thanks again^
Could you please clarify here? Separate cards for each? Or same deal twice?

I ask because I have had the Premium card for almost two years now -- I got one, and my wife has a card which is associated (her name, same account). But this current offer is so rich that I would like to take advantage of it, too. If spouse is already "joint" on one card, has anyone had success in getting a second with spouse as primary?

Other tricks welcome, too, please.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries

I ask because I have had the Premium card for almost two years now -- I got one, and my wife has a card which is associated (her name, same account). But this current offer is so rich that I would like to take advantage of it, too. If spouse is already "joint" on one card, has anyone had success in getting a second with spouse as primary?

I got this card about a year ago and recently got approved for a second without cancelling the first. Just called the reconsideration line and asked for a second card to serperate expenses. Was approved in less than 5 mins!
Old Sep 11, 2011, 1:25 pm

Also, my primary reason for wanting a second card was due to the 10,000 renewal miles every year the new card offers.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries

Should have been clearer. I meant two separate cards/account. One for Mrs. EX and one for me, i.e. 40,000 mls each.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:13 pm

guys the $100 maximum transaction fee for balance transfer is still available, call the 800 number on the back and ask for that offer theyll give it to you....so you get 10,000 miles for $100, just transfer the funds to your bank account, if you dont need the cash just pay it back once it clears.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by debwany24
guys the $100 maximum transaction fee for balance transfer is still available, call the 800 number on the back and ask for that offer theyll give it to you....so you get 10,000 miles for $100, just transfer the funds to your bank account, if you dont need the cash just pay it back once it clears.

I called three times but always ended up in India and no one knew about this maximum charge
Old Sep 24, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL PLAT / HH GOLD
Originally Posted by debwany24
Sorry could not find where it says the max is $100. Term and conditions on application says 3%,. Another questions, what do you mean transfer the funds to your bank account?, you mean to a reg. checking account ?,
thanks
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:38 pm

I specifically called and asked several times about the BT fee and they would not give it to me for $100.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
I specifically called and asked several times about the BT fee and they would not give it to me for $100.
I guess I got lucky...this is an offer they had in July, I didn't apply until August 30 and once I got my card I called on sep 17 and told the rep that I missed the offer for the $100 max BT fee and if there's anyway I can get that, I was put on hold and 2 mins later I made a $10,000 BT for $100.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
As update, I was approved on 8/20, got the card in the mail around 8/28, used card, paid bill online 3 days later, 40,000 miles posted today. So it was 3 weeks from online application to miles.
If you don't mind me asking, what was your statement close date? I just got off the phone with a rep and he said it would take up to 30 days AFTER my statement close date to get the bonus miles.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:08 pm

You normally get the miles the day your statement closes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.