US Airways Mastercard - 50,000 bonus points (40,000 easy)

Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:21 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
Originally Posted by beltway
There are occasional short-term bonuses, however. I was targeted via postal mail for double miles May 1-June 30. (As usual for anything associated with US, the T&C were a masterpiece of ambiguity. It wasn't clear whether the bonus applied to all spending in any month where spending exceeded $400, or only on the portion above $400.) Since it hasn't been 6-8 weeks from 6/30, no bonus has posted yet.
I checked it out. This is not a temp bonus but is valid for the life of the cardholder (or at least until they decide to end it).
The only this is I will be giving up the 10k miles every year (based on other offers) I retain the card so not sure if it is really worth it.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
I got the card in hand after about 10 days (calendar).

Made my first purchase online (buying US Airways points, of course)

It took 2 days for the purchase to post on the CC online account.

I immediately paid in full the balance, using online payment from a checking account. Took a day to post to the CC account.

I got the 40,000 mile bonus the next day.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 5:31 pm

So you don't get 10,000 miles toward preferred status if you spend
$25,000? That's a big reason for getting the card. Okay, you get
more miles - but toward preferred is great.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 6:30 pm

Hell no. I'm canceling my card. Maybe I'll come back later.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:37 am

Here's an offer I found under Chairman's Preferred specials that has
the 10,000 preferred.
http://www.mostmiles.com/Chairmans

But I think you need to be a CP in order to get it.

And this under Silver with the preferred.
http://www.mostmiles.com/Preferred

In the fine print under Terms & Conditions it does state that if you ever were aUSAirwaysMaster Card holder you are ineligible for any new card offers.

Unless otherwise stated in the offer, these bonuses and /or awards are intended for persons who are not, and have not previously been, US Airways MasterCard Cardmembers.
You understand and agree that, unless otherwise stated, if this is your first US Airways MasterCard Account, once you become a Cardmember you are no longer eligible to receive these bonuses and/or awards for any new US Airways MasterCard account you open after this Account is opened. If this is not your first US Airways MasterCard Account, you may not be eligible for these bonuses and/or awards. If you receive a bonus or award for which you are not eligible, Barclays may direct US Airways to revoke the bonus or award, or reduce your mileage credit by the amount of the award, or charge your account for the fair value of the bonus or award, at our option.

Last edited by hitherandyon; Aug 18, 2011 at 7:02 am Reason: Forgot a sentence
Old Aug 19, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: SPG PLT
Called the reconsideration line and they approved my for a second card. It is churnable!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by hitherandyon
http://www.mostmiles.com/Chairmans

But I think you need to be a CP in order to get it.
You do not need to be CP or any other type of US elite. I speak from experience here.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:40 pm

Any extra benifits using this card to buy US airways points?

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
I got the card in hand after about 10 days (calendar).

Made my first purchase online (buying US Airways points, of course)

It took 2 days for the purchase to post on the CC online account.

I immediately paid in full the balance, using online payment from a checking account. Took a day to post to the CC account.

I got the 40,000 mile bonus the next day.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by jjfly
Any extra benifits using this card to buy US airways points?
No, because the purchase is processed through points.com, not US.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 5:32 pm

is this link still alive?
it gives me error message after i click apply: "An error occurred obtaining the next page of your application. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues. Please contact us at 1-866-750-6024 or try again later"

Originally Posted by beltway
The first-year-free offer is at http://mostmiles.com/chairmans .
Old Aug 20, 2011, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by jjfly
is this link still alive?
it gives me error message after i click apply: "An error occurred obtaining the next page of your application. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues. Please contact us at 1-866-750-6024 or try again later"
A little slow loading, but worked fine for me just now in 2 different browsers.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Just applied and got approved. Will save the screen shot of the offer in case there are any problems. Will report back if/when I get the points.

40k on the first purchase with no annual fee is definitely better than the standard deal I was considering through the usair.com website right now, which is 15k first purchase, plus 15k upon $750 in spend, with an annual fee. Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 8:33 am

It's working okay for me.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:03 pm

delete

Last edited by metoo; Aug 25, 2011 at 6:35 am
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: HH Dia, WOH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plt
My application didn't get instant approval, so I had been trying to call the 866-750-6024 number I got when I applied -- always got a recording that told me to wait for up to a month.

I just saw the 866-408-4064 number that someone posted earlier in this thread, so I gave it a call.

Wow.

What fantastic customer service! Seriously! The guy was polite, spoke clearly and quickly, found he needed to split off some credit limit from another card, did that, and we were done. 4 minutes. I'm stunned.

Wow. That happens so rarely, I just had to share!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.