Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is BZE part of the unlimited upgrade program?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Is BZE part of the unlimited upgrade program?

US's website says:

"Preferred upgrades are valid for travel within the contiguous U.S., Alaska, Canada, Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean area."
Yet, I've been told by an agent that upgrades to/from BZE require the use of a CP certificate or miles because it's "real envoy service." Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:45 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tacostuff
US's website says:

Yet, I've been told by an agent that upgrades to/from BZE require the use of a CP certificate or miles because it's "real envoy service." Does anyone have any experience with this?
CLT-BZE is on an A320 so it is definitely not "real envoy service". The US websites just lists first class as "envoy" for international flights.

I have never flown to BZE on US but I think you should be eligible for upgrades same as Mexico flights.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I agree. I would consider BZE the same as SJU and I often get that upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.