FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Adding Dividend Miles # to an existing reservation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1195761-adding-dividend-miles-existing-reservation.html)

Mazey Mar 18, 2011 9:21 am

Adding Dividend Miles # to an existing reservation

For the life of me I can't find anywhere on the US Airways website on how to do this! My work booked me on a USAirways flight without using my FF#. Is there anyway I can go back in and add my # prior to the flight or do I have to wait until the flight is complete and use their request form?

Thanks in advance- I did try to search the forums for an answer to my question before posting to no avail.

itsme110 Mar 18, 2011 9:31 am

when you go online, go to travel tools, manage reservations, tool box, change passenger info . that will allow you to add your #

Mazey Mar 18, 2011 9:38 am

Hmmm..under toolbox there is no option to change passenger info. Just "Change My Trip," "Cancel My Trip," or "Change Seats."

I know there has to be a way to do this. :mad:

richinaz Mar 18, 2011 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Mazey (Post 16058193)
Hmmm..under toolbox there is no option to change passenger info. Just "Change My Trip," "Cancel My Trip," or "Change Seats."

The way described in the previous message is the correct way. Maybe you aren't scrolling far enough down in the web page? You should see the passengers that are on the same itinerary (assuming all of the passengers are on the same PNR).

It will list the passenger name, frequent flyer number (if there is one,else it will say none) and the ticket number. Well a couple of lines above the passenger names will be "Change Passenger Information". Click on it and then enter the FF#.

The other option is to call in.

rmohare Mar 18, 2011 10:03 am

Originally Posted by itsme110 (Post 16058148)
when you go online, go to travel tools, manage reservations, tool box, change passenger info . that will allow you to add your #

This won't work because the flight confirmation code isn't associated with OP's DM account and so he won't see it when he logs into usairways.com. And I'm not sure those options even exist - I just checked a few of my reservations and I can't find anything like that. It could have something to do with booking through a corporate travel agency, which is how my flights are always booked and it sounds like that's how Mazey's flight was booked.

Mazey - I believe you will have to call Reservations at 800-428-4322 with your confirmation code to associate the flight to you DM account number if you want to do it now. However, if you choose not to do that there is an option to change the FF account on a ticket when you do OLCI with your confirmation code. Don't ask me why they make you wait until check in, but it is what it is...

DCAorBust Mar 18, 2011 10:09 am

I've noticed that sometimes the Change Passenger Information link does not always appear right away, particularly with reservations booked by a third party. And as changes are made to a reservation over time, the link sometimes comes and goes. I've never been able to unravel a rhyme or reason to it, but wonder if it might have to do with the Secure Flight program. If this reservation was just made, I'd bet a penny that the link will appear at some point in the next day or so.

Not as quick as entering it online, but a quick call to the reservations line should result in an instant fix.

Mazey Mar 18, 2011 10:13 am

Thanks all. This reservation was made 2 days ago, so it is fairly new, and my company uses a corporate travel agency so I think either one or both of those reasons would explain why I can't change my info from what you have all said.

I'll give it a few days and try again or worst case just request the missing miles after the fact. I don't have status with USAirways (yet) so it isn't that big of a deal. I just don't want to forget to request the missing miles!

DCAorBust Mar 18, 2011 10:13 am

Originally Posted by rmohare (Post 16058342)
This won't work because the flight confirmation code isn't associated with OP's DM account and so he won't see it when he logs into usairways.com.

I'm not so sure this is the case since you can cancel or change a trip just by knowing the PNR and date of departure.

DCAorBust Mar 18, 2011 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Mazey (Post 16058414)
I'll give it a few days and try again or worst case just request the missing miles after the fact. I don't have status with USAirways (yet) so it isn't that big of a deal. I just don't want to forget to request the missing miles!

You'll certainly be able to enter the number yourself during check-in. A polite nasty gram email to your travel agent should be able to get it fixed too. If not, then what the heck are you paying them for?

itsme110 Mar 18, 2011 10:30 am

Originally Posted by rmohare (Post 16058342)
This won't work because the flight confirmation code isn't associated with OP's DM account and so he won't see it when he logs into usairways.com. And I'm not sure those options even exist - I just checked a few of my reservations and I can't find anything like that. It could have something to do with booking through a corporate travel agency, which is how my flights are always booked and it sounds like that's how Mazey's flight was booked.

Mazey - I believe you will have to call Reservations at 800-428-4322 with your confirmation code to associate the flight to you DM account number if you want to do it now. However, if you choose not to do that there is an option to change the FF account on a ticket when you do OLCI with your confirmation code. Don't ask me why they make you wait until check in, but it is what it is...

I've had reservations for my wife where there was no DM# on the res. I've brought up the res using the confirmation code, and it has always let me add the # using the above method....no prob....go figure:)

dcpatti Mar 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mazey (Post 16058414)
Thanks all. This reservation was made 2 days ago, so it is fairly new, and my company uses a corporate travel agency so I think either one or both of those reasons would explain why I can't change my info from what you have all said.

Some travel agencies/corp travel desks book the reservation but execute a separate transaction to actually pay for it. There can be a delay of a few minutes or a few hours in between steps, depending on the booking agent. At my company, we use Amex Travel; on weekdays before about 3pm Pacific, it's about a 10-minute lag; in the evenings or on weekends it can be as long as the end of the next business day. In the time between the reservation and the payment, the booking is in a sort of limbo: on mine, US lists the status as Pending or something, and will let me go assign Preferred seats but those assignments won't stick. As soon as I save, back to 23E I go. I can call it up by the PNR but even though Amex passes thru my DM#, I won't see it in my account. The OP's ressie might just be in that in-between state, and if so, once the payment has settled, should be able to go add in the DM#.

A couple of ways to know this is happening to you: if you are given a more generous cancellation policy than the airline offers, your booking might be in limbo till the end of the free cancellation window. Also with Amex Travel I get two emails when I make a booking: one for the reservation, which comes immediately, and one a little (or a lot) later. Both have the PNR but they are in distinctly different formats, with the first coming direct from Amex and being "prettier" and the second coming from I don't know where but it it plain text, no pretty formatting, and looks more like a GDS output.

exree May 5, 2014 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by itsme110 (Post 16058542)
I've had reservations for my wife where there was no DM# on the res. I've brought up the res using the confirmation code, and it has always let me add the # using the above method....no prob....go figure:)

The OP is right...I also can't find a way to do this online. The above method doesn't have a toolbox option once you've entered the reservation. There must be another way.