Grand Slam 2010!

Old Aug 27, 2010, 4:25 pm

Programs: Mega Bus Plaid; Southwest Airlines Ruby and Bates Motel Platinum
Great thread everyone...I am just curious as this is my 1st run at this promo...
How can I get DM credits for having a beer (or this year dinner) at a SPG property? Wouldn't you have to check in and charge it to your room and then have the whole thing credited to DM. I have a couple nights coming up at a *wood and I imagine I will have dinner on site at least one night. Is it possible to dine and accrue DM miles for the meal and still have the normal *wood points go to my SPG account?

I'm also not sure how the E-rewards and Emiles credit for this promo. For instance, does just completing an E-rewards survey count? I know I can earn 5 or 10 miles for answering a few of their questions, but there minimum amount to transfer miles to US DM is 500, do I have to hit the 500 mile threshold to be considered a hit?

Sorry if some of these questions were answered in prior years..if so, a link to that thread would assist a lot. Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2010, 8:27 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by muflyer
Great thread everyone...I am just curious as this is my 1st run at this promo...
How can I get DM credits for having a beer (or this year dinner) at a SPG property? Wouldn't you have to check in and charge it to your room and then have the whole thing credited to DM. I have a couple nights coming up at a *wood and I imagine I will have dinner on site at least one night. Is it possible to dine and accrue DM miles for the meal and still have the normal *wood points go to my SPG account?

I'm also not sure how the E-rewards and Emiles credit for this promo. For instance, does just completing an E-rewards survey count? I know I can earn 5 or 10 miles for answering a few of their questions, but there minimum amount to transfer miles to US DM is 500, do I have to hit the 500 mile threshold to be considered a hit?

Sorry if some of these questions were answered in prior years..if so, a link to that thread would assist a lot. Thanks!

By way of the e-rewards and e-miles, just completing a survey does not count. You need to complete a transfer to make a hit for those i.e. 500 mile deposit for e-miles and a minimum of a $25 redemption for e-rewards.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 9:57 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by muflyer
To get SPG credit by dining only without staying, the restaurant is supposed to be able to provide you with a form (a small green postcard size if I recall correctly) that you put your info on and turn it in at the front desk. Not every property is aware of this. Save your receipt in any case and you can contact SPG for follow-up credit if need be.

You would need to change your SPG earning preference to US Airways - you can't dine during a stay, get US credit for that dine and SPG points for the stay - unless perhaps you let the stay credit to SPG, then change your earning preference and request missing "stay" credit for the dine. Too much hassle in my opinion.

For non-status SPG people it will cost at least $50 per dine. I can fine comparable rates to that at some local Choice properties or an IHG Candlewood Suites location. Not for this promo, but I've wondered in the past for Hyatt or SPG runs whether I could go "stay" at two or more properties the same night and get full credit for all the stays. Because if it gets down to the wire on this Grand Slam and I have hotel stays left to use, I'd consider doing several on a single night.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 5:57 am

Has anyone registered AND received a registration confirmation email?
Old Aug 28, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: None
US hasn't even announced a new promo yet so I doubt they'd recognize registrations. All the discussion so far is based on an updated web page from the 2009 Grand Slam promo, so details could change. The last thing US needs is people complaining about doing X that was supposed to get ### miles when X isn't included when the promo is announced.

Jim
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
how do you get points credited to you for hotel stays, you need to be a member of the rewards program and have your earning pref set on dm? or can you just book it and give your dm number at some point? also, on car rentals?
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:32 pm

Programs: US,PC
Originally Posted by metallim
how do you get points credited to you for hotel stays, you need to be a member of the rewards program and have your earning pref set on dm? or can you just book it and give your dm number at some point? also, on car rentals?
For hotels, earning pref must be set to dm and for rentals, you use the us airways cdp or code while renting and enter ur us ff # in reservation
Old Aug 29, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: US CP, CO PE, Avis First, National EE
I got a copy of the US Airways Inflight magazine on the LGA shuttle today. It's the September issue and has 4 pages with information on the "Hit a Dividend Miles Grand Slam".

It says to go to www.usairways.com/grandslam for details.

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
US hasn't even announced a new promo yet so I doubt they'd recognize registrations. All the discussion so far is based on an updated web page from the 2009 Grand Slam promo, so details could change. The last thing US needs is people complaining about doing X that was supposed to get ### miles when X isn't included when the promo is announced.

Jim
Old Aug 29, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by DCAMatt
I got a copy of the US Airways Inflight magazine on the LGA shuttle today. It's the September issue and has 4 pages with information on the "Hit a Dividend Miles Grand Slam".

It says to go to www.usairways.com/grandslam for details.
These may have already been posted, but for easy access.... here are the rules.

I wonder why I didn't do this last year?
Old Aug 29, 2010, 4:38 pm

Now everyone can register and finalize their plans. The one "hit" I noticed that was talked about but doesn't appear to count is dining/drinks at hotels - the terms say a stay credited to DM or mileage transfer of at least 100 miles is required.

Jim
Old Aug 29, 2010, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Starwood Rules Changed

BoeingBoy, last year, Starwood points provided a "hit" with no minimum, so even a Coke would count. This year, they have closed the loophole so that minimum spending of $50 (100 miles) is required. I hope this answers your question.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 6:10 pm

It wasn't really a question as much as an example of what I and a couple of others have said - wait for the official version to be unveiled before counting your "hits". Now that it's been officially unveiled, y'all can plan your path to bonus miles based on the actual rules and partners participating.

Jim
Old Aug 29, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriot LT Plat, Aeroplan
I asked a question earlier as to why Ibis isn't included, it's because Ibis stays aren't eligible for US Airways dividend miles, and only certain rate categories for the other listed Accor hotels are eligible. This is off Accor's partner website FYI (and mine):

*Qualifying rates for Miles:
Sofitel: Premium, Smart, Early and Corporate rates
Pullman: Best unrestricted rate, Event rate, Early Booking
MGallery: Full rate, best unrestricted rate, Promotion rate with conditions
Grand Mercure: Full and Best unrestricted rates
Novotel: Full and Best unrestricted rates
Mercure: Full and Best unrestricted rates
Old Aug 29, 2010, 7:13 pm

Some notes that I have found:

Network Solutions Domain names are $12 for the year

T & C for Network Solutions Rewards:
Offer valid only for domain names registered independently of other Network Solutions products. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks for miles to be posted to your account. All terms and conditions of the Network Solutions Service Agreement apply. Visit yougetmiles.com for details.

For me hotel stays are as low as $46 including taxes. Any way to get any of those 6 hits cheaper then that? It looks like any "stay" will work, Super 8 is in most big cities and can be had for under $50. You probably barely even have to check into it in order to get the points.

FTD and florist.com only count for 1 total, no matter which you do.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Couldn't find it on Thanks Again, but is there a minimum that I need to spend on the site? Do points transfer automatically to US Airways?

Thanks,
Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.