Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2010, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by Burghs
$1.00 - Dividend Miles Shopping Mall (1 iTune or donation to Gaiam)

Has GAIAM gone? Cannot find it in the Dividend Miles Shopping Mall
Old Sep 9, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
I was also having issues getting MM to work on points.com. Ended up waiting two days after I signed up for the MM account and then it worked fine!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Has GAIAM gone? Cannot find it in the Dividend Miles Shopping Mall
Appears gone to me...others have reported this as well. Luckily, I got in on this before they pulled it!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skimple
Like a lot of other people, I was having trouble getting Icelandair or Midwest Miles to register on points.com. However, I was able to sign up for an S&H Greenpoints account and make the following swap.

53DM -> 18 GP -> 1 DM

Took about 30 minutes to sign-up, exchange one-way, and then exchange back. Transfer is already showing in my US Air account!

Good luck!

53 points given for sign-up on their regular website?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Lightbulb Dividend Miles Shopping Mall

Originally Posted by johndeere19
Appears gone to me...others have reported this as well. Luckily, I got in on this before they pulled it!

Workaround for Dividend Shopping Mall

- Buy on Gifcertificates.com
- Barnes&Noble eVoucher for 5 $

No idea what this Barnes&Noble is but it appears to be the cheapest possibilty and hassle free because it won't be physically shipped
Old Sep 9, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
I actually have computer labels (which i have left over in quantity) on the back of cards, with things like "USAir dine," "UPromise dine," "grocery" or "travel" on the ones that give me the highest bonus for that category.

Originally Posted by kochleffel
Now I just have to remember which card goes with which account.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: US Air, United
53dm -> 18 gp -> 1 dm

[QUOTE=skimple;14628761]Like a lot of other people, I was having trouble getting Icelandair or Midwest Miles to register on points.com. However, I was able to sign up for an S&H Greenpoints account and make the following swap.

53DM -> 18 GP -> 1 DM

Took about 30 minutes to sign-up, exchange one-way, and then exchange back. Transfer is already showing in my US Air account!

Good luck![/QUOTE

Wonderful find, thank you for the tip! Took me less than five minutes to do this for my husband. Registered for the Greenpoints, added the account to points.com and do the 53DM -> 18 GP -> 1 DM transfer. Had to sign out after the move to GP or it would have taken less than that. Even better it only "cost" me 53 DM. Thanks so much!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmckee1961
53DM -> 18 GP -> 1 DM
Where do the 53 points come from?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT

No idea what this Barnes&Noble is but it appears to be the cheapest possibilty and hassle free because it won't be physically shipped
I thought you could do Itunes via the DM shopping mall is that gone as well?
Cheers
Howie
Old Sep 9, 2010, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stockmanjr
I thought you could do Itunes via the DM shopping mall is that gone as well?
Cheers
Howie

For US customers, yes.

For European customer, not possible because you get routed to your country's iTunes shop.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
From US Airways Dividend Miles balance.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
You need to have some DM to begin with if you would like to go down this path. If you dont have any, you can buy some which will also count as a hit.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by cmckee1961
It's hard to say at this point. The Facebook miles posted to my DM account yesterday as being from Thanks Again and I made no purchase. However, until they tell us the "hits' they are crediting us with, which I believe they are going to do starting the 23rd or so of September, who is to say what they count as a hit? I would assume that the miles I show posted from Thanks Again just look like miles to US DM and they certainly don't look any "different" than anything else, but who is to say at this point? Just need to stay tuned.
They counted last year. I'm expecting the 2,000 miles I won in their latest sweepstakes to count as a hit for me this year.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold
Barnes & Nobel -largest book retailer in the United States. They also sell CDs, DVDs, toys and have online store. You, probably, can buy and download some eBooks
Old Sep 9, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: Marriot LT Plat, Aeroplan

Actually for the Dividend Shopping Mall check out the Lonely Planet store.

You can download individual chapters of their travel guides for $4.50 US per chapter. No shipping costs since it's an e-download (and hey, it'll be useful when you use the points from your grand slam hits for your next trip!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.