Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:51 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Netflix sucks

Netflix has reported that there have already been previous accounts at this address, and previous promotions have been redeemed. Since promotions are one per household, this order is not eligible for awards.

We're sorry but miles cannot be credited for this Netflix order.

-------------
3 different adresses and CC used, so be aware for another promo next year to always do the short term rent of 14 days - else if your lastname is a little special.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
As others have reported, success on NS

10/15/2010 12/06/10 NETWORK SOLUTIONS BONUS 1,000

That's my 38th and final hit. Who knew all 38 would actually post timely!

Last edited by Sabre1; Dec 7, 2010 at 1:45 pm
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, Avis Prefered
Originally Posted by dwcatty
You are not alone in this position. I'm in the exact same boat. Sometimes that is good to know. Misery loves company, right?
Thanks Dwcatty, nice to know I am not alone!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Sabre1
As others have reports, succes on NS

10/15/2010 12/06/10 NETWORK SOLUTIONS BONUS 1,000

That's my 38th and final hit. Who knew all 38 would actually post timely!
My Network Solutions was purchased on 9/17/2010 and still not posted yet. May be I need to give them a call
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by maxbluebrosche

Netflix has reported that there have already been previous accounts at this address, and previous promotions have been redeemed. Since promotions are one per household, this order is not eligible for awards.

We're sorry but miles cannot be credited for this Netflix order.

-------------
3 different adresses and CC used, so be aware for another promo next year to always do the short term rent of 14 days - else if your lastname is a little special.
In all fairness. They have clear terms. Creating multiple accounts with different addresses to get repeat bonuses is a clear attempt to sidestep their terms.

Obviously they somehow figured out you were placing multiple orders. Possibly from your IP?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Platinum
I'm counting on this hit as a gift-giver. It's early december, has anybody got a lucky hit from this?

Originally Posted by adkrick
There is no activity in the account for the person who gifts miles and
hits cannot be tracked. A special report will be processed in early
December through our Points.com partner that will reflect the members
who used the Gift Miles offer. A hit will be added at that time to all
qualifying accounts. As a reminder, if a member has already earned a hit
for a Buy miles transaction, an additional hit for Gift Miles cannot be
earned. Only one hit is awarded for Gift Miles or Buy Miles, but not for
both.

So...timing aside..GOOD NEWS!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by buschoi
I got the special sweep for the final 20k, too. Now I have to decide whether to go after the miles from my 37th hit with OfficeMax and the error posting similar to many here with Biscoff. A mile is a mile.
I only saw one other complaint about OfficeMax in this thread. Here's my OfficeMax story:
  • 9/14 Ordered
  • 10/19 Complained to OfficeMax Customer Service that no miles had posted. They said to wait until 6 weeks had passed.
  • 11/3 Complained again; they replied they had would send the request form for the miles in and someone would contact me.
  • 11/12 I order Lifelock as an insurance hit
  • 12/1 After no contact from them as promised, I email again. This time they reply that there is a minimum $150 order for miles. I email again, calling BS (politely but firmly) on that criterion. I mention that I have literally hundreds (!) of acquaintances who ordered small items from OfficeMax due to the Grand Slam promotion and who received miles.
  • 12/3 They email and tell me that the miles are in my US account. Sure enough they are, with the correct activity date of 9/14. Once they decided to actually help, the miles sure posted quickly!
  • 12/6 Sweep adds final bonus to my account

I kept the number of my emails minimal and kept the tone polite throughout. I do wonder about how the CS folks at USDM, DM Wireless, and at some of those cheap hotels felt about being inundated with emails.

Ethical question: Should I cancel Lifelock before or after 12/12? I.e., should I take the 250 miles for a very minimal credit card charge (and I guess chance getting cussed out by their CS rep) or should I cancel now? I won't be able to use Lifelock for next year's Grand Slam as they only offer the award to customers who haven't used them in the previous 12 months. I guess I'm inclined to take the 750 miles and take the heat from them.

Thanks to all who helped on this thread, especially AdamK and whoever it was that posted the Radisson 2000 point signup bonus. My take: 17263 miles for less than $25, $0.00135/mile.

Web forum technology is showing its limits dealing with this kind of promotion -- this thread got unwieldy almost before the promotion officially started. I would think that something like a Wiki might be a better way of organizing several hundred people's questions, responses, and experiences and would really improve the signal to noise ratio. Either that or we ask for a temporary forum for GS, with one thread per partner and a few meta threads such as cheap hits, insurance hits, etc.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by miffSC
Thank you for this information. Was your initial contact through email? What did you say in your letter to them?
1) email
2) please give me the miles with an activity date as the purchase date.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:40 pm

ENERGY PLUS and USA TODAY

Did anyone receive their hit yet from either of these?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
1) email
2) please give me the miles with an activity date as the purchase date.
Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Anyone still waiting on their Skymall hit?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:04 pm

Bonus miles posted today woohoo!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:46 pm

Netflix just posted.

Still waiting for Audience Rewards (11/14), Super Shuttle and Energy Plus
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:52 pm

I got the hit from teleflora no problem. Still haven't received the flowers though. They seem to be much worse than all the other mediocre flower companies. I wasted a lot of time on the phone with them and my wife remains flowerless.

Originally Posted by another jersey girl
I have called teleflora 5 times and still not posted! They told me it would be in a week, so I am calling them again. Bought the flowers on 11/4. Energy Plus told me that I have to wait for another billing. It looks like that I will have to pay another $19.95 to USA Today for another 4 weeks to get a hit credited??? Any advice on those will be great! Got my 28th hit yesterday. I was hoping that Audience Rewards would get a hit for just playing the trivia - but it looks like I needed to purchase a ticket. My biggest mistake was that I mixed up Starwood with Wyndham. So I went there and had a crummy $50 dinner! Even the guy at the front desk told me I could get points and to fax everything to the Wyndham rewards program. Well next year I will pay more attention!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:27 pm

Network solutions posted for me today - 2,000 points. 10/17 activity date.

My Audience Rewards posted but only after I filled out the form. Unfortunately, although my purchase date was on the 14th, the ticket date was the 29th so it posted as a 11/29 activity.

Still waiting for SuperShuttle and Sharebuilder to make it 24.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.