FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   20%/30% Bonus Miles on ALL hotel Stays / Point Transfers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1046763-20-30-bonus-miles-all-hotel-stays-point-transfers.html)

GoodOmens Feb 1, 2010 10:55 am

20%/30% Bonus Miles on ALL hotel Stays / Point Transfers

Seems US Airways is running a promotion where all hotel points posting (either through stays or through a points transfer) will receive a 20% bonus for a regular Dividend Miles Member or 30% if your a preferred member.

A list of qualifying hotels can be found here. Seems to be ALL hotels that post to US Airways.

Valid stays are February 1 - March 31, 2010, have fun and be sure to register online here.

Evan! Feb 2, 2010 5:21 am

Just for future reference....

Earning miles is as easy as 1, 2, 'zzz'

Ever dream of earning miles while you sleep? Well, wake up, your dream has come true. When you stay at any qualifying hotel you'll earn up to a 30% bonus on your miles.* And that's on top of the miles you're already getting from your stay. So sleep peacefully knowing that you're earning bonus miles with every 'zzz' you sigh.
Here's how it works:

* Register online
* Stay February 1 - March 31, 2010
* Dividend Miles Preferred members will get a 30% mileage bonus; Dividend Miles members will get a 20% mileage bonus

And if that's not enough we're giving you another way to earn bonus miles. Convert your hotel points to miles and get up to a 30% bonus.*

* Convert your hotel points to miles and get a bonus today
* Check out all of our qualifying hotels

*Terms & Conditions

Eligibility
Offer void where prohibited by law. Registration required. Only miles earned after registration and between 2/01/2010 and 3/31/2010 are eligible ("Eligible Activity Date").

General Terms
All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply. You must be subscribed to US Airways eStatement and Earn More Miles emails in order to register for this promotion. If you are not currently subscribed, we will automatically subscribe you using the email address you provide when registering. You may opt out of US Airways emails at any time. US Airways is not responsible for the quality or delivery of goods and/or services provided by Dividend Miles partners. All Dividend Miles partner terms and conditions apply. Partner offers are subject to change without notice. Hotel transfers (points to miles conversions) are subject to terms and conditions as stipulated in your agreement with your hotel program.

Earning Bonus Miles
Bonus miles are in addition to miles awarded by Dividend Miles hotel partners. Registered Dividend Miles members earn a 20% bonus on all Dividend Miles earned per stay or by transferring hotel points in to miles. Registered Dividend Miles Preferred members earn a 30% bonus on all Dividend Miles earned per stay or by transferring hotel points in to miles. Dividend Miles must be earned with participating hotel partners for qualifying stays and transfers. For transfers, only hotel points that are converted in to Dividend Miles will be accepted for the bonus. Hotel bonus miles do not count towards Preferred status. Bonus miles will post weekly beginning on 2/11/2010 and continue posting weekly until 5/27/2010. You will earn the bonus percentage based on your Preferred status at the time of the weekly bonus posting.

Eligible Activity Date
Only miles earned after registration and between 2/01/2010 and 3/31/2010 are eligible ("Eligible Activity Date"). Eligible Activity Date is based on the date the qualifying partner records the mileage transaction, and not necessarily the date on which the transaction occurred. US Airways assumes no responsibility for how qualifying partners record Eligible Activity Dates. Most qualifying partners record Eligible Activity Dates based on completion of the required activity (for example, hotel check-out). You should check with the applicable qualifying partner to confirm its policies and procedures for recording Eligible Activity Dates. The last date that activity from a qualifying partner can be received by US Airways for bonus miles consideration is 5/27/2010, regardless of the Eligible Activity Date for such activity.

MikeLaw Feb 2, 2010 6:45 am

Registration link

MileKing Feb 2, 2010 7:00 am

If I interpret this correctly, 20K SPG points --> 25K US Air miles --> 32.5K US Air miles with 30% preferred bonus (or 30K US with 20% regular member bonus). Nice, although US miles are almost as difficult to use at low award levels as SkyMiles.

Beckles Feb 2, 2010 7:17 am

Originally Posted by MileKing (Post 13307407)
Nice, although US miles are almost as difficult to use at low award levels as SkyMiles.

As someone with significant balances on both US and DL I think this is a very inaccurate statement, but YMMV of course.

libuser Feb 2, 2010 7:51 am

Yes,
as supporter of the US program, just wanted to say that I booked emergency tix CVG-FCO yesterday for leaving tomorrow and coming back in 2 weeks for 35k.
Delta wanted 150k for Y tix.
Find me airline that can match that, I can bet there are no other airlines...

Evan! Feb 2, 2010 8:02 am

Originally Posted by libuser (Post 13307721)
Yes,
as supporter of the US program, just wanted to say that I booked emergency tix CVG-FCO yesterday for leaving tomorrow and coming back in 2 weeks for 35k.
Delta wanted 150k for Y tix.
Find me airline that can match that, I can bet there are no other airlines...

You got Cincy to Rome, round-trip in coach for 35K DMs? Wow. That is good!

GoodOmens Feb 2, 2010 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Evan! (Post 13307816)
You got Cincy to Rome, round-trip in coach for 35K DMs? Wow. That is good!

Got to love those saver fares. He could have probably done Envoy for 60k.

gleff Feb 2, 2010 10:58 am

Originally Posted by MileKing (Post 13307407)
If I interpret this correctly, 20K SPG points --> 25K US Air miles --> 32.5K US Air miles with 30% preferred bonus (or 30K US with 20% regular member bonus). Nice, although US miles are almost as difficult to use at low award levels as SkyMiles.

Very difficult to redeem on US metal

But one of the best programs for redemption nonetheless because of availability on Star partners, no blocking, scant routing rules, decent award chart.

libuser Feb 3, 2010 8:41 am

yup
still their CSRs are clueless, and won't help you 50% of the time, but it can be done with persistence.

And yes you can fly with US on saver award for 35k to EU, heck I made a dummy booking, are you ready KOA-PHX-CLT-FCO for 35k + $160 in fees as it is less than 21 days. I can absolutely guarantee you no one comes even close to that. Not to mention envoy is 60k : )

Originally Posted by gleff (Post 13309128)

But one of the best programs for redemption nonetheless because of availability on Star partners, no blocking, scant routing rules, decent award chart.

MileKing Feb 3, 2010 10:37 am

Originally Posted by gleff (Post 13309128)

Yes, I should have clarified I meant on US metal.

Tiki Feb 4, 2010 7:45 am

Has anyone done this yet? Do the bonus miles post instantly or you have to wait? I was hoping for something like this as I have to transfer some SPG anyway before June to get an award.

bostondancer Feb 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Qualifying rates for mileage

I recently booked a room at Hawthorn suites directly through the hotel's reservation desk because of a special wedding group rate. At the time I did not know of this promo (I have now registered) and I gave the reservation person my Wyndham rewards #. She said to qualify for points I need to have a rate of $75 or higher. The group rate I had was less than $75. If I give them my dividend miles number should I still expect to get miles for the lower rate?

thanks.

Tiki Feb 15, 2010 3:52 am

I know some of you transferred from SPG to US as part of the Grand Slam promo, do you remember how long it took? I thought they (SPG) were supposed to do a Sunday night sweep.

Mudfish Feb 15, 2010 5:24 pm

I just noticed that I got my miles for a stay at a Marriott.

Stay: 2/3
Points posted: 2/6
30% bonus posted: 2/11