Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer to Earlier Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Transfer to Earlier Flight

I am travelling on a TATL flight to MCO via PHL. There is just over 3 hours stopover in PHL. On monitoring the TATL flight, it regularly arrives up to 1 hour earlier. This would therefore leave a 4 hour plus stopover.

If this scenario arose, there is an earlier MCO flight, 2 hours before my scheduled flight, which I could probably make if delays through immigration, etc are minimal.

My question is : if this best case scenario occurred, would the GA in PHL be happy to transfer me FOC to the earlier flight, assuming there were seats available?

Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
The "move-up" program by US Airways specificly lists TATL flights as not allowed for PAX to move to an earlier flight.

Move Up Program
We allow you to 'move up' to any earlier flight on the same day of your originally scheduled departure time at the airport (with the exception of flights to Hawaii and Europe). You can only make day-of-departure changes at the airport (and not by calling Reservations).

If there is an open seat available on any earlier flight that departs on the same day as your originally scheduled departure, you may change to that flight and we will automatically confirm your reservation for $50 for flights within the 48 contiguous United States and $50 for flights to Latin America, the Caribbean, Canada and Alaska. This lower confirmation fee replaces the usual $150 change fee, plus any differences between your old fare and new fare, for non-refundable tickets.

If there is not an open seat on an earlier flight that departs on the same day as your originally scheduled departure, you may stand by for that flight at no charge. Standing by at no charge is not permitted if we can confirm that there is an open seat available for that flight. Seats on completely booked flights may become available if passengers with confirmed reservations don't show up for the flight. Please note: Unlike a confirmed reservation, flying standby does not guarantee that you will get on the particular flight that you want and may involve waiting for two or more flights before a seat is available to you.
You could go the GA and try but know beforehand it's officially not allowed. Perhaps someone who has actually tried could chime in?
Old Jan 20, 2010, 6:28 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by GoodOmens
The "move-up" program by US Airways specificly lists TATL flights as not allowed for PAX to move to an earlier flight.
OP is flying from Europe so I think the T&Cs you highlighted wouldn't apply.

Originally Posted by mco66
My question is : if this best case scenario occurred, would the GA in PHL be happy to transfer me FOC to the earlier flight, assuming there were seats available?
Free of charge? Yes if you have US status. You can certainly ask once you get to the airport but the other parts of the T&Cs posted by GoodOmens would apply.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Also if you have checked any bags to MCO they might not let you move up.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:15 pm

Since you are clearing customs at PHL, you will need to claim your bags. See the agents at the connections desk about the Move Up BEFORE you recheck your bags. You should be able to move up on the domestic leg for the $50 fee (waived for US Preferred). Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.