Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Preferred Desk vs Silver or general 800#

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2009, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Gold, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Gold Preferred Desk vs Silver or general 800#

Hi out there, as a relatively new returning member to the Gold ranks (after a multi-year absence before I moved back to Charlotte), I was curious as to the consensus out there on the support quality you get from the Gold Preferred Desk vs. Silver vs. Platinum vs. the general 800 #. I have heard that the CP desk is amazing. Just curious what folks have found out there...
Old Nov 27, 2009, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
The Plat desk is great. They are always helpful (and I can understand them).

At the general number, I often get agents whose English is less than perfect, or understandable.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by stealthnc
Hi out there, as a relatively new returning member to the Gold ranks (after a multi-year absence before I moved back to Charlotte), I was curious as to the consensus out there on the support quality you get from the Gold Preferred Desk vs. Silver vs. Platinum vs. the general 800 #. I have heard that the CP desk is amazing. Just curious what folks have found out there...
Unless something has changed, the Silver, Gold, and CP lines are all based in Winston-Salem, NC, and are all good.

Plat used to still be AZ-based and I did not find them as helpful when I was Plat.

The CP agents are stellar.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 7:49 am

Programs: US Silver Preferred, Delta
How long does it take to get your card when you make silver? Or more exactly the number for the silver desk to help w/ reservations.

I will be qualifying on Dec 5 and was curious how long it will take to get the silver #. Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2009, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
You'll probably get an email with the Silver desk number before you get your card in the mail. However, I'm not certain about this - can anyone confirm that the "Welcome to XXXX Preferred Status" email has the preferred desk #???
Old Nov 28, 2009, 9:04 am

Programs: United Platinum
Took me about 2-3 weeks to get my Silver Card
Old Nov 28, 2009, 12:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I've been silver, gold, and plat over the past few years, and the treatment I get on the phone from them all seems about the same and good.

Since I live in AZ and generally call in the evenings, most times I get agents at the Tempe res center. When I've called during the day, I usually get the East Coast agents, who don't seem quite as friendly. But I didn't see any difference among the service I received from any.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by me4yankees
Unless something has changed, the Silver, Gold, and CP lines are all based in Winston-Salem, NC, and are all good.

Plat used to still be AZ-based and I did not find them as helpful when I was Plat.

The CP agents are stellar.
I'm almost positive the silver line is in Reno. The last four times I've asked where they're located, that's what each one has said.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 3:07 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Can someone PM me the Silver number?

Mia
Old Nov 28, 2009, 5:18 pm

That should not be PMed. Contact US customer service for that number...they will be glad to check your DM number and provide you all relative contact information based upon your status.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
It's all about perspective. As a Southern-based, East Coast flier, I find the North Carolina-based agents to be much more friendly and knowledgeable.

I admit, I found the Plat agents in 2008 to be very challenging, and I often had to be transferred to someone in Tempe corporate to handle my reservation and voucher issues.

This year as Gold and as a travel manager for someone who is CP, I had great service from the Gold and CP lines. I hope the Plat line has improved this year.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 2:08 pm

If necro'ing an old thread is against the rules, please go ahead and delete, but I figured I'd add a 2013 data point.

I just called the silver line over a concern about an upcoming reservation - a tight connection in PHL going from F to A - and was left with an overall good impression. The agent answered the phone quickly, was in no rush to get me off of the phone, and helped me apply common sense to my situation instead of just reciting policies. She walked me through what I might do in terms of a flight change or a move up, and was polite (but firm) that she couldn't waive any change fees, which is fair. We basically concluded that both segments are frequently late, and that the better rationale for changing to an earlier flight was to avoid delays in getting to the west coast. The call went to NC.

For what it's worth, I've received generally good service from the main number before I was Silver as well. It was sometimes less understandable, often less personal in terms of the agent wanting to understand a situation, but usually just as polite and generally got me to my desired outcome. I think US has come a long way on its customer service at all levels. Except the lounge dragons. They are still hit or miss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.