Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up to a 250% Holiday Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2009, 7:36 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
This is why I'm inclined to wait until later in the month to do this. I think I'll set up the smaller ones, but before pulling the trigger on a big purchase, see if they release their new Star chart. I fully expect them to come close to the CO and UA levels, but one can never be sure with this bunch.
Ditto. Gives me an excuse to wait until Dec 22nd just after my statement date too. I'll also know how close I am to $50K spend on the CC for the extra 10K preferred bump if I need it.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:18 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by vysean
Well hell, why not round up to an even million miles?

I hope for your sake any devaluation to miles next year is not severe.
I did -- my account has 160,000 now.

I made my decision assuming they'd inflate awards to match CO and UA plus another 10% (so about 20-33% overall). Even so, this is still a smokin' deal.

If I knew for certain that US Air would be around for many years to come, I'd go for even more.

Last edited by The Mileage Millionaire; Dec 1, 2009 at 8:43 pm
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:26 pm

Programs: starwood plat 5*elite svo, usair, delta, jetblue, southwest, nwa
i don't see that all of you are seeing the major potential here.

1-ftd $50
2- barnes and noble $25
3-penneys $50
4-thanks again restaurant certificate $3
5-gift certificates.com $1000

so for $1128 you will get 282,000 miles

i have been on the phone with Usair asking all kinds of questions.

once you are at 5 everything is at 250%.

You can do it again but must be at 5 other stores, can't be the same ones.

still not sure about the sky miles mall if each store would count as part of the 5 or 1 visit to the mall is all.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by pointsjunkie53

1-ftd $50
2- barnes and noble $25
3-penneys $50

i have been on the phone with Usair asking all kinds of questions.

once you are at 5 everything is at 250%.

You can do it again but must be at 5 other stores, can't be the same ones.

still not sure about the sky miles mall if each store would count as part of the 5 or 1 visit to the mall is all.
How do you get 282k? giftcertificates.com is 1 mile/$.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:47 pm

Programs: starwood plat 5*elite svo, usair, delta, jetblue, southwest, nwa
Originally Posted by Beckles
I'm almost afaid to post this, because honestly it's too good to be true. I would implore any Flyertalker reading this thread to not disseminate what I'm about to post beyond this thread because I can't imagine this will last. (Well I know I can't control it, I will be very disappointed in any Flyertalker who disobeys my stated wishes and posts this anywhere beyond this thread).

Folks, this is a BONANZA. Knock out four cheap transactions, say a Gaiam $2 donation through DM mall, cheap item from Bose, cheap item from Barnes & Noble, and a Restaurant.com gift certificate through Thanks Again, you're in for maybe $20.

You can now purchase miles at a rate of approximately 140 miles/dollar from Track-It-Back (40 miles/dollar plus 250% bonus). $300 small business pack from Track-It-Back ... 12,000 miles + 30,000 mile bonus = 42,000 miles. 3 of those small business packs = 126,000 miles, a First Class ticket on Lufthansa to Europe for $900 + taxes/fees.
if you are spending $300 and have the 5 stores ,you will be at 250% which according to my math is $300x250=75000miles purchase 3 packs at $900 and you will have 225000 miles plus the 40 miles per $.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:59 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
if you are spending $300 and have the 5 stores ,you will be at 250% which according to my math is $300x250=75000miles purchase 3 packs at $900 and you will have 225000 miles plus the 40 miles per $.
Color me confused - I don't see how your math adds up...
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:01 pm

Your math is wrong. That's not how percentages work.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
if you are spending $300 and have the 5 stores ,you will be at 250% which according to my math is $300x250=75000miles
Not where I went to school.

$300 x 250% is 300 x 2.5 = 750

Not 75,000. You are dealing with a percentage, so you have to slide your decimal over two places to multiply the two numbers.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by Beckles
Contacting US Airways would be fairly useless, FTD is the one who determines on what purchases miles are awarded, they are the ones to contact.
I disagree. Whenever I've had a problem with a click through program, I have contacted the vendor that runs the program and not the merchant. They generally ask you for a few details, like the order number, and then they go off and work with the merchant to resolve the issue. Or maybe they just pretend to work with the merchant and then deny the request a few days later Anyway, the point is that it's not the merchant's issue...it would be US Air's.

Originally Posted by fsa_ea
Miles are processed weekly. Orders from Wednesday to Tuesday are reported to US Air DM each Wednesday. He told me that an order placed today would be reported to US Air DM tomorrow.
Here's my experience so far:

24 November - Purchased:
GAIAM
Barnes & Noble (via US DM Shopping Mall)
Restaurant.com (via ThanksAgain)
Bose

30 November - Received:
Barnes & Noble
Bose
(GAIAM and Restaurant.com are no/e-delivery, so already received)

01 December - Credited:
ThanksAgain (w/ an 11/26 activity date)

I'm expecting the Bose, GAIAM, and Barnes & Noble purchases to credit around 8 December based on my experience with the recent Grand Slam promo.
Thanks to both of you for sharing this info. Now I kinda wish I had the patience to wait a few more days before placing that trackitback order.

I ordered a B&N gift card too, and I think it was delivered before the shipping confirmation came.

20 small biz packs from TrackItBack for $6,000
I feel better knowing that someone is in for a lot more money than me. You'll be more interested in raising holy heck if something happens

I hope for your sake any devaluation to miles next year is not severe.
Even if they double the # of miles required for a flight, seems like it's still a great deal. Am I wrong on that? I don't normally follow US Air promos, but 1.5cpm still sounds amazing to me (esp. if you don't have to fly anywhere to get them).
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:30 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
(esp. if you don't have to fly anywhere to get them).
After constant mile running for the last 2-3 years, I am beginning to see the value in this. Who needs status if you can simply buy the miles on the cheap and then use them to fly everywhere in first?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:36 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.

1-ftd $50
2- barnes and noble $25
3-penneys $50

What's #5 you're referring to? Best deal I'm aware of is the 40 miles per $1 for Trackitback. How would you get nearly 80K base miles for $1128 from those 5 merchants?

Last edited by ArizonaGuy; Dec 1, 2009 at 9:43 pm
Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:54 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Head's up for those considering a Bose purchase:

US has modified the terms for Bose shopping mall credits for this promotion:

Instead of the earlier terms where Bose was simply lumped with "Other participating merchants" and provided 2 miles for every $1 spent, US has now separated them out and added the following note:

1,500 bonus miles when you buy the new QC15 headphones

Given the way the promo page is structured and the verbiage provided for other vendors, I take this to mean that you will receive NO mileage credit from Bose purchases except for the QC15 headphones.

The link US now provides (http://www.skymall.com/usairwaysmile...ose.htm?m=2999) has the following terms and conditions:

Originally Posted by Bose Shopping Mall
Merchant Specific Details and Exclusions:
Please note that miles will be posted within 6 - 8 weeks of purchase. If you have any questions regarding this offer, please contact Bose at 1-800-560-4834. Award offer valid only on above Bose product advertised.
I have verified that the link that was provided at the start of this promotion is different from the one now provided, and both have different offers and specific terms and conditions associated with them.

Purchasing anything at Bose other than QC15 headphones would run the risk of giving you no credit towards this promotion.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Screenshots are important for something like this.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 7:22 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

I believe these T&Cs have nothing to do with the first 4 transactions, but instead mean that the bonus only applies to the first 10 transactions in the promotion period. Transactions #11 and after get no bonus.

Now that the morons at Wine Insiders have posted my September purchase as 2 transactions dated 11/30 (one for the 4 miles/dollar spent and another for the 1,000 mile sign-up bonus, I'm getting nervous that my TrackItBack purchase could end up being #11. Considering the big bucks I was planning on spending, that would be very, very bad.

Anyone know what TrackItBack's return policy is for unopened/unused merchandise?
After reading the T&Cs another hundred times, now I'm not so sure that the 250% bonus would apply to ALL transactions (up to 10) during the promotion.

Anyone think there a chance of getting reliable confirmation from US Airways (with a numerical example) on how this promotion works? I am a nobody on US Air; maybe a Chairman would have better luck obtaining this information?
Old Dec 2, 2009, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
20 small biz packs from TrackItBack for $6,000
You are absolutely insane (in a good way)!

After constant mile running for the last 2-3 years, I am beginning to see the value in this. Who needs status if you can simply buy the miles on the cheap and then use them to fly everywhere in first?
Yet another

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.