Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles Expiration Date for USAirways - How do you tell?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
I suggest that they don't expire.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I believe it is 18 months after last activity.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:52 am

Read your monthly e-statement. The date of last travel and expiration date is included in the email.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:27 pm

You can go to the "Your Miles" link and set the start date for your statement to 3/1/2010. If you have no activity, your miles are about to expire.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
(provided link to existing thread)

Last edited by aztimm; Jul 10, 2011 at 2:22 pm Reason: Merged thread cleanup
Old Jul 10, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold,Marriott, US,AA.DL, AGR, Hyatt
Smile

Thank you Alanh. Your method worked. I read my statement for 3/1/10 and found that I had activity in 11/10, so I added 18 months.
They sure dont make it easy.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP
looks like you need some activity every 18 months.

I'm also trying to keep miles alive with these guys, and can swear i saw on their website that you needed a flight every 18 months (no "oops" miles, car rentals, etc.)

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...mberguide.html

Not particularly clear, or prominent, under "Reactivation Policy" . . . .
Reactivation policy

Active membership status is based on having earned or redeemed miles within a defined period as stated below. To keep your account active, be sure to fly US Airways and designate your miles to credit to your Dividend Miles account, apply for a US Airways MasterCard or Visa credit card, or earn miles with one of our over 50 other partners.

Last edited by Jlove; Jul 14, 2011 at 6:07 pm Reason: re-insert the link to USAir Membership Guide
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Mykle
Someone else was complaining about this the other day in another thread. US sends out the monthly email statements and it's clearly stated in the statement when the date of last travel occurred and when the miles expire. Yes, it would be nice if it was also on the web site, but it's not as if they are hiding it since it's included in every e-statement.
Do they send out monthly statements if there's no activity?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by drewguy
Do they send out monthly statements if there's no activity?

I just got a monthly statement. I have had no activity since last December.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: USAirways CP
Sign up with Award Wallet. You can enter all your accounts there and see when things expire. I think there is a free service level and one that costs a small amount but if you google you can find some free codes.

(I have no affiliation with them, just seems like an easy way to drool over your miles )
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by richinaz
Sign up with Award Wallet. You can enter all your accounts there and see when things expire. I think there is a free service level and one that costs a small amount but if you google you can find some free codes.

(I have no affiliation with them, just seems like an easy way to drool over your miles )
That's exactly what I already stated in this thread in post #26.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:37 am

Us airways dividend miles guru

If you are having problems with US AIRWAYS and their Dividend Miles Program.
Go to http://airlineforums.com/forum/37-us-airways/ and look for a poster by the NAME: SPARROWHAWK.. he is a US AIRWAYS = KNOW IT ALL. He claims he has connections with the UPPER MANAGEMENT of US AIRWAYS and will always make a call on your behalf. He used to go by the Name PINEY BOB but cancelled that name when he got caught posting in Brussels for a SM & MADAME
Old Jul 17, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by excop48
If you are having problems with US AIRWAYS and their Dividend Miles Program.
Go to http://airlineforums.com/forum/37-us-airways/ and look for a poster by the NAME: SPARROWHAWK.. he is a US AIRWAYS = KNOW IT ALL. He claims he has connections with the UPPER MANAGEMENT of US AIRWAYS and will always make a call on your behalf. He used to go by the Name PINEY BOB but cancelled that name when he got caught posting in Brussels for a SM & MADAME
so this is off the original topic, but seeing the above remark reminded me of one of my frustations with USAIR . . . a duplicate account that they refuse to acknowledge, or merge. Any suggestions for how to deal with this? Customer service wasn't fruitful. . . .

Quite some time ago, Americawest issued me a second card, and after regularly writing to them over the years requesting that they merge my accounts, they insist on telling me that the second account never existed, even when I include photos and statements for both cards.

Admittedly there wasn't a huge amount of miles on the second account, I'm mostly just irked that they insist on telling me that the card I have doesn't exist.
Any advice?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by JayBrian
I just got a monthly statement. I have had no activity since last December.
After posting I went into my account and realized I had turned off (or they had turned off) monthly statements.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 5:21 pm

Programs: USAirways CP
Originally Posted by DCBob
That's exactly what I already stated in this thread in post #26.
Unless it is a thread I started I'm sure not going to read all previous posts when I can post a useful suggestion. If it is redundant then just ignore it. I can see someone getting annoyed if I'm asking for help on something that was previous answer but posting the same solution twice shouldn't be an issue. Geez.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.