Search

US Voucher Use and Constraints

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: nwa united delta
US Voucher Use and Constraints

Greetings,

I have a take-flight voucher (for round-trip or $200 off a ticket), and another e-voucher for $200, both expiring 7/18/09. Am trying to use both vouchers for one ticket leaving 7/10 and returning 7/20/09.

Depending on which agent you talk to @DM you get different answers:

(1) Can't use two vouchers on the same ticket.
(2) Return date has to be before 7/18.
(3) Neither voucher can be used to pay DM handling fee, etc on a DM-redemption for a UA flight ticket.

When I spoke to one US CSR - whose response was more favorable to me - I was ready to give my CC #, but I held back thinking that they will charge more to my card later, when the backend processing folks see a mistake or something by this person.

Question:

Are the terms of use consistently understood and applied by US CSR?
The terms of use - fine print - are in the voucher, but is there a location where voucher constraints are stated more clearly? Compared to AA and others, I think US vouchers are far more constraining.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by flyaway101
Greetings,

When I spoke to one US CSR - whose response was more favorable to me - I was ready to give my CC #, but I held back thinking that they will charge more to my card later, when the backend processing folks see a mistake or something by this person.
What "backend processomg folks"? Nobody can make unauthorized charges to your credit card. If they do, you contest them because you didn't authorize them.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Here are the Terms and Conditions for E-TUVs (Electronic Travel With US vouchers), which is probably the 2nd voucher you have:

ELECTRONIC TRAVEL WITH US VOUCHER

How to Use:

1. May not be transferred, sold or distributed through wholesale travel agents.

2. May be used toward the price of one ticket/one fare on US Airways, US Airways Shuttle, and US Airways Express, as well as their codeshare partners. If the price of the ticket is greater than the value of the voucher, you simply pay the difference. If the discount exceeds the price of the ticket, no residual value will be given. Travel is eligible for Dividend Miles credit.

3. Travel must be via the most direct routing available.

4. Travel dates must be determined prior to ticketing.

5. Call US Airways Reservations if you have any questions about the use of this voucher and/or to make your reservations. Inform them you will be using this Electronic Transportation Voucher.

6. Once a confirmed reservation is booked, you will be required to pay the current fare and forfeit the voucher.

7. Redeem this voucher by calling US Airways reservations at 800-428-4322 or at any
US Airways ticketing location.

Not Allowed

1. No stopovers permitted

2. Cannot be combined with any other voucher or any other document.

3. Not applicable toward service or penalty charges including excess baggage fees or pet fees.

4. Not applicable toward the reissue of a previously issued ticket.

5. Prepaid Ticket Service (PTA) not permitted.

6. Not applicable towards a US Airways Vacations package.

Additional Information

1. The voucher and subsequent tickets issued against an E-TUV are non-refundable and have no cash value.

2. Not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed.

3. May not be used on the Internet.

4. Changes are subject to ticketing rules. All terms and conditions must be met. A change fee may apply.

5. All applicable taxes, surcharges and fees are the responsibility of the user and must be paid at the time of ticket issuance.

6. Voucher must be redeemed within one year from date of issue.

7. Terms and conditions of this voucher are subject to change without notice.

8. Any changes made after ticketing will result in the forfeiture of the E-TUV value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.