Wiki Posts
Search

IFE Alternative

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
IFE Alternative

Many folks here complain about the removal of CONUS IFE. I miss it myself, since I rarely go to the theater, and that is where I used to see most of my movies. When they first took IFE out, a FA commented to me that it wasn't a big deal, since most people didn't actually watch. Based on comments here, I wonder if that is true.

I've started using an easy, low-cost alternative: Redbox. They are all over the place, cost a buck, and you can return them anywhere. I just got home from the store where I grabbed one while buying dinner. I'll watch it tomorrow on my flight to LAS, and drop it at the MacDonalds on Sahara (no, I won't eat there - I'll go to the In-N-Out a couple blocks down )

I was wondering today if anyone here also does this.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by split8s
I've started using an easy, low-cost alternative: Redbox.
I've eyed up the Redbox kiosk many times but never pulled the trigger. I had no idea it was only a buck.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by bitburgr
I've eyed up the Redbox kiosk many times but never pulled the trigger. I had no idea it was only a buck.
It's not. It's free. Coupon codes abound. There's a thread in S.P.A.M. or you can just Google for them.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
It's not. It's free. Coupon codes abound. There's a thread in S.P.A.M. or you can just Google for them.
Well only if you return it in a day ... still a $1/day isn't bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.