Search

Star Alliance Silver on US [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by marksskram
Has your BP shown *S and your UA FF #?
It does show *S.

You might be on to something though. I have recently started using my matched CO status number in order to get the 500 mile minimum EQM. Is the Zone 2 boarding limited to UA elites?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by rakarnik
I am a UA 2P/CO Silver and have been assigned Zone 5 for a couple of flights now. Not sure why. In the past, I have always been Zone 2.
The same thing happened to me today. Got Zone 5 as a 2P/Silver. Also interestingly noticed that the gate agent never called Star Alliance Silver for preboarding (the same gate agent had always called Star Alliance Silver after the Golds every week for the past 3 months on the same route)
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:42 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by justmeagain
The same thing happened to me today. Got Zone 5 as a 2P/Silver. Also interestingly noticed that the gate agent never called Star Alliance Silver for preboarding (the same gate agent had always called Star Alliance Silver after the Golds every week for the past 3 months on the same route)
Email US & ask for a clarification. I thought priority boarding is a *S benefit when traveling on *A carriers.

LAX
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:35 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by LAX
Email US & ask for a clarification. I thought priority boarding is a *S benefit when traveling on *A carriers.
It's a *G benefit "where available". But for *S, not. Of course some *A carriers can do it anyway if they want to.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:56 pm
LAX

Originally Posted by tourist
It's a *G benefit "where available". But for *S, not. Of course some *A carriers can do it anyway if they want to.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/
Thanks. I guess *S really isn't worth much.

LAX
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN, JB, Hilton Honors, Starwood
Charging for exit row

Hi,

Was able to catch an earlier flight being silver preferred. However GA wanted to charge me for exit row. He said it was new for silver. Is this true? I had exit row on my original flight. I am flying on miles.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by Mary Louise
...Was able to catch an earlier flight being silver preferred. However GA wanted to charge me for exit row. He said it was new for silver. Is this true? ....
The GA was apparently confused. As a US Silver, exit row selection is a benefit (whether on paid or award flights)

From website re Silver Preferred ...
You’re able to reserve the best seats, including those in the front of the aircraft and exit row.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN, JB, Hilton Honors, Starwood
That is what I understood. However computer would not let him do it. Showed a fee of $36.00. Thank you for looking in to it for me.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
...However computer would not let him do it. Showed a fee of $36.00. ....
Poor GA, caught in between... in cases like this, I don't argue and pay up, later seeking a CC refund from US (in addition to filing a complaint).
Old Sep 24, 2011, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by LAX

LAX

I was on a continental flight yesterday, and GA never called *S on either of the segments. After CO/UA elites and *E, it went to general boarding.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:34 am
LAX

Hi,

Was able to catch an earlier flight being silver preferred. However GA wanted to charge me for exit row. He said it was new for silver. Is this true? I had exit row on my original flight. I am flying on miles.
Is this something unannounced but coming down the pike? I was planning to come over to US for this benefit. I hope it sure was just a glitch in the system & a confused GA. Otherwise, I would really have no where to go.

LAX

Last edited by LAX; Sep 24, 2011 at 10:36 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:01 pm

I checked with an employee and their information conflicts. In some areas, it says "preferred" get the exit seats fee waived, in other areas it says "Chairmans, Platinum and Gold Members" get the exit seats fee waived. Sounds like this is coming down the pike, which is quite a smack in the face to Silver preferreds.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:39 pm
LAX

Originally Posted by Mykle
I checked with an employee and their information conflicts. In some areas, it says "preferred" get the exit seats fee waived, in other areas it says "Chairmans, Platinum and Gold Members" get the exit seats fee waived. Sounds like this is coming down the pike, which is quite a smack in the face to Silver preferreds.
Hmmm. May be I will reconsider, then. Not sure what would US's motivation be, but it would have been a prime opportunity for US to snap up a few low level disgruntled UA elites. While they may not generate revenue like CPs, I am sure they generate decent revenue.

LAX
Old Sep 27, 2011, 3:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by justmeagain
Happened to me this month too and I also stopped hearing the GA say Star Silver. If you can, get into an exit row or bulkhead as it gets you Zone 1/2 boarding. Otherwise, we're stuck waiting for whatever zone we're assigned
Old Sep 27, 2011, 5:22 pm

wrong thread

Last edited by ajk388; Sep 27, 2011 at 5:25 pm Reason: deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.