Wiki Posts
Search

Watch out for US schedule changes to red-eye flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Watch out for US schedule changes to red-eye flights

I received schedule change email today, initially not too concerned. Flight #s were the same; just the flying time was 19 minutes longer (no wonder they have the best on-time record).

On further inspection however, the return SFO-CLT (10 pm redeye), CLT-PIT (8 am next day) became CLT-PIT at 8am, then SFO-CLT at 10pm, both departing the same day!

I assume a computer program made the "adjustments" since Mrs. PittDoc's itinerary was changed too, under a different confirmation code. Geez, this is really simple programming error and must have occurred many times in the past but no one has fixed it! A CP angel cleaned up the mess.

=========================================
CONFIRMATION CODE (RECORD LOCATOR): ******

NEW ITINERARY:

US Airways 1551 operated by US Airways
Departs Pittsburgh, PA (Pittsburgh, PA) on April 25 at 7:40 am
Arrives Phoenix-Sky Harbor Int'l, AZ (Phoenix-Sky Harbor Int'l, AZ) on April 25 at 9:14 am
Seat: 2D

US Airways 400 operated by US Airways
Departs Phoenix-Sky Harbor Int'l, AZ (Phoenix-Sky Harbor Int'l, AZ) on April 25 at 10:24 am
Arrives San Francisco-Int'l, CA (San Francisco-Int'l, CA) on April 25 at 12:37 pm
Seat: 2D

US Airways 1904 operated by US Airways
Departs Charlotte, NC (Charlotte, NC) on May 3 at 8:10 am
Arrives Pittsburgh, PA (Pittsburgh, PA) on May 3 at 9:40 am
Seat: 3D

US Airways 784 operated by US Airways
Departs San Francisco-Int'l, CA (San Francisco-Int'l, CA) on May 3 at 10:40 pm
Arrives Charlotte, NC (Charlotte, NC) on May 4 at 6:34 am
Seat: 3D
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: CO PE, DL PM
I was going to try US and booked a redeye from SNA to FLL. They did the same thing to me - scheduled my connection 5 hours before my departure.

Fortunately, they were able to provide a full refund, since taking the redeye was the main reason I booked the flight.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:48 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
This is just so rich. A year now since the res migration, with numerous "enhancements" and bug fixes. Yet something so rudimentary as this somehow falls through the cracks.

Where's Piney Bob when you need him to add more levity to the situation.....
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:50 am

Programs: None
Wonder how they'll handle crossing the international date line if they actually serve PVG......

Jim
Old Mar 14, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
what are yoy talking about Willis (err Jim)

Not well is my guess, you will return 2 days before you depart
Old Mar 14, 2008, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
And on the return, they can strand you for 2 days because you gain the time back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.