Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone have a real contact number for customer relations?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:04 pm

Programs: US Dividend Miles/NW World Perks
Originally Posted by sbtinme
Sad, but largely true. However, this is a tremendous shift away from what had always been the case until HP took over this airline. The old gals in Winston-Salem were called "angels" for a reason -- they were EMPOWERED to do a lot of stuff behind the scenes to make CPs happy.

I can recall attending a family funeral in Georgia many years ago and landing in ATL to learn that my bags hadn't made the trip from PHL (big surprise). A quick call to the CP desk put me at ease. I was placed on hold for about 60 seconds while the CP agent called both the PHL and the ATL luggage ops folks she told them both what kind of bag I had and that it needed to be in ATL pronto. She came back on the line, told me she'd do her best to keep me posted on my cell phone. Within about 15 minutes, she called me back to tell me that she could confirm that the bag had just been placed on the next ATL outbound from PHL and that it would driven out to my location outside of ATL within an hour of landing. Indeed it was.

That was .....................sigh........................ the OLD USAIRWAYS.
Probably before $49 fares up/down the east coast and $99 transcon fares.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by SpaceBass
...I do have good news to report, my bag showed up at the hotel after dinner tonight!...
Glad to hear that

Just wondering, though. In neither of your posts on this thread did I read that you, as a CP, had called the CP Desk and had been denied friendly, helpful service in locating your missing bag.....as others have mentioned here, the Desk has certainly done wonders in the past with such problems!

I have the CP Desk number in my memory (not on speed-dial 'cause I don't call that much!). The slightest thing that goes wrong flying US, or has the potential to, I call immediately...and they are still "angels" for good reason. If by chance the first agent cannot help, there's at least one supervisor on duty 24/7 and you don't normally have to hold long to talk with the supe either. My experience with them has been wonderful, and my admiration for their customer service work continues unabated.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
Originally Posted by kudzu
Glad to hear that

Just wondering, though. In neither of your posts on this thread did I read that you, as a CP, had called the CP Desk and had been denied friendly, helpful service in locating your missing bag.....as others have mentioned here, the Desk has certainly done wonders in the past with such problems!

I have the CP Desk number in my memory (not on speed-dial 'cause I don't call that much!).

Kudzu - I did not bother. When US destroyed my skis last year and lost my bag with my ski clothing (the last time I checked I think), I called the CP desk and they were clear that they had nothing to do with baggage.

I remember 3 years ago writing a post about the angels and how wonderful they were and what a value to the CP program.... in the last 8 months or so, its like the wind is out of their sails...I just dont get the same friendly service, in fact 90% of the time I dont get through and get the gold desk...and when I ask for the CP desk, they insist they can help...so I just try not to call any more.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I would encourage you to complete the DOT complaint form found at http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/escomplaint/es.cfm . It will not change US procedures to something more flyer friendly but it will get them to call you.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by vysean
Originally Posted by StuckInRow23Middle
Hey SpaceBass

I'm sorry to hear about your lost luggage situation. But, for some reason, I really don't feel any sympathy. As a 150+ flight/year Chairman's Pref., you should have known never to check your luggage on bad weather days. Perhaps the supervisor was rude, but I don't think there was anything that she could have said that would have made you feel better. What did you want her to do, call over a team of sales agents from Saks and have them open up shop in the Club?
I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. So we can't check luggage on US on a bad weather day? Hell, we probably shouldn't be flying US on a bad weather day, let alone adding a bag or bags to the mix. They offer checked baggage service - they should be able to get your bag from A to B with you, or at the very least, communicate an accurate status of a missing bag. If they can't, they shouldn't offer the service.

If this were any other airline, would you have given a similar response?

I think it's clear the OP was simply looking for a response along the lines of, "Sir please go and purchase whatever you need for your meeting - hold on to your receipts and fax them to XXX-XXX-XXXX. I'll note in your PNR that we had this discussion, and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience." It doesn't matter if the employee cares or not - they can easily say this with some feigned interest. The position is, after all, a customer service one - not customer dis-service.
I absoloutely agree!! Of course baggage will not make it 100% of the time but when it doesn't it is up to US to take care of the passenger.

If I shipped something FedEx they promise it will arrive at a given time. Well some times it does not arrive on time -- and without question, even if the package arrives 1 minute late FedEx refunds 100% of the shipping charges. Now that is customer service!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.