Wiki Posts
Search

Seat class charts?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: USA Dividend miles soon to be AAdvantage
Seat class charts?

I have often read about the different seat classes and ticket classes. Examples: 'Y bucket', 'F class', 'M, H, Q class'. I see the class on the ticket but I am not sure where these classification fit into the scheme of the physical cabin seat such as a 'Y' class versus an 'M' or 'Q' class.

Is there a chart somewhere that would tell me about the seating within the cabin?

I fly, when I do fly, mostly trans Atlantic with the 330 Airbus. Mostly I am just curious so I can better understand the postings 'lingo'.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 1:54 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Fare bucket refers to availability of a fare at published pricing. The only time that fares affect seat availability is for non-status passengers. Elite passengers can select any seat in the economy cabin on any fare. Non-elite passengers are restricted to the non-preferred seats. The exception occurs when non-elites are traveling on a full-fare economy (Y or B class) which allows them access to the Preferred seats. Check out the tutorials in the mileage run forum to learn all about fare buckets.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: USA Dividend miles soon to be AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
The exception occurs when non-elites are traveling on a full-fare economy (Y or B class) which allows them access to the Preferred seats.
These "preferred seats", are they physically something out of the ordinary as the seats in Business or Envoy class which are wider, more leg room and may have leg rests or any other characteristic? I guess what I really wish to know is, are the worth the extra one pays for these particular seats? Where are they located in the aircraft?
Old Jul 16, 2007, 9:59 am

Programs: None
Physically, they're the same as any other coach seat but usually have extra leg room since they're generally exit row or bulkhead seats. Someone else can correct me, but I think that they're marked as preferred on the web site seat maps.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.