Wiki Posts
Search

LOST BAG.. Help!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2007, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Usairways Silver
LOST BAG.. Help!!

Ive been a silver/gold usairways for about 10 years out of Philly. I recently took an international award ticket to shanhai China/ then Bali, and I just arrived back in Philly. My first leg of the flight was a Usairways flight from Phl to Lga. Usairways Lost my bag, thus I was was traveling with only the clothes on my back for a 16 day trip. i was confident that Usairways was going to get my bag to me, but they were not. I was constantly emailing them, and calling them, and was on hold for 30 minutes at a time before I hung up. I spent most of time shopping in China instead of doing tours which I wanted to. Anyway, they emailed me and said my bag was found, and it would arrive in China on January 3, However I was heading to Bali on on January 2. I emailed them my whole itineray and my hotel information and they confirmed they will make the changes. The bottom line is its 17 days after my bag was lost, My vacation was great, but not having any luggage on my trip was time consuming and frustrating especially since I was shopping for two very different climates. Usairways informs me to fill out the lost baggage claim form which Im doing. It states I need receipts for anything over 100$? I'm not even sure I can come up with any receipts for the clothes in my bag, and I have to get it through a notary. Not only do I not have my bag, I had to buy a whole new wardrobe which cost close to $2000, and my lost bag which i would estimate at $3000. I'm sure there are limits on what I can claim and get back. Does anybody have any experience on this?? I googled the forum , and nothing substantial came back. I would opt for my 90k miles from the trip back into my account, which I would think would be a fair settlement. If anybody has any experience with lost bags , I would love to hear from you. Thanks,
Mike
Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:25 pm

I think the receipts they are requesting are for the new items that you have purchased. I'm not sure of the exact dollar value, but they do allow you so much a day for replacement items within reason. As for your bag, I doubt if they will reimburse you for a $3000 suitcase unless you can provide some sort of receipt or documentation for it. I've never seen a suitcase that cost that much so they might question that amount on a claim.
Good luck to you, I hope you can work something out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.