US Airways and Air Canada Code Share?

Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Question US Airways and Air Canada Code Share?

Is US Airways going to start code sharing on the Western routes anytime soon? Routes such as LAS - YVR/YYC/YEG PHX - YVR/YYC/YEG ?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by FlyB
Is US Airways going to start code sharing on the Western routes anytime soon? Routes such as LAS - YVR/YYC/YEG PHX - YVR/YYC/YEG ?
As long as they don't let AC have in any say or allow AC to handle check-in etc. it would be okay in YEG.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Who is handling there systems now in Canada?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 9:30 pm

Programs: None
Interesting question. The short answer is "Who knows?"

The longer answer is "Maybe." As many will remember, Air Canada (ACE, technically) invested $75 million is the merger. This bought them two things: 1 - all the outsourced heavy aircraft maintenance and 2 - "dibs" on any expanded Express service between Canada and the U.S. with AC's Jazz division as long as they weren't underbid.

Just food for thought....

Jim
Old Aug 28, 2006, 10:42 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
When I flew HP LAS-YYZ in June, the YYZ ground crew was US-East. I did score an op-up on my Y award ticket which was very nice ^

I am on the AC LAS-YYZ red eye in October confirmed F award ticket. Will have to see how AC compares to HP.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:11 am

In YEG, it is contractors who are HP people since they started flying to YEG. ^
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Interesting question. The short answer is "Who knows?"

The longer answer is "Maybe." As many will remember, Air Canada (ACE, technically) invested $75 million is the merger. This bought them two things: 1 - all the outsourced heavy aircraft maintenance and 2 - "dibs" on any expanded Express service between Canada and the U.S. with AC's Jazz division as long as they weren't underbid.

Just food for thought....

Jim
ACE also recently sold off their investment so it is unclear of they hold any leverage any longer. I do not know if the Jazz contract is time or investment based.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.