Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Philadelphia Envoy Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Envoy lounge sounds really nice - much nicer than the CO President Club's that I've used... I'm Star Gold traveling on US to MAD on Sept 4th, so I'm going to check out the lounge and update any changes.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 8:49 pm

Just wanted to add my 2cts re: non-Envoy access in years past. When Terminal A opened it was indeed split in half which made sense. In the past two years I've had many domestic flights depart/arrive out of A and found the conversion to all Envoy to be a huge inconvenience since the B&C lounge is so far away it is useless.

I decided that sticking with US made sense for me despite all the issues well known to folks on this board. But sticking with the Club was not when the A terminal club became unusable to domestic passenger members. So I quit after several years membership and have no regrets.

Glad to hear the quality of food has improved; my last TATL Envoy access was disappointing with very limited selections and lots of empty trays. Even the mice were probably disappointed!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:14 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by firstclass
Glad to hear the quality of food has improved; my last TATL Envoy access was disappointing with very limited selections and lots of empty trays. Even the mice were probably disappointed!
Yep... the quality of food has definitely improved^

Some pictures from the lounge here: http://picasaweb.google.com/10012290...at=directlink#

(Apologies in advance, as I didn't want to disturb other folks in the lounge, no flash was used - so unfortunately quality of some of the pictures is questionable)
Old Aug 12, 2010, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
TPJ, thanks for these pics. ^
Old Aug 12, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by TPJ
Yep... the quality of food has definitely improved^

Some pictures from the lounge here: http://picasaweb.google.com/10012290...at=directlink#
So, the cold cuts are back. ^
But looks like the selections of cold dishes/salads have reduced.

Last edited by CAPT Tee; Aug 12, 2010 at 8:21 am
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
Looks like they order the "Roman Holiday" from Shop Rite. Can't wait to visit the lounge!
Old Aug 15, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: US Gold
I'm really glad to see that. Meat and raw veg/fruit is perfect before flying. I thought the salads were awful.

wg
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
Bummer - I liked the salads. Cold cut platters remind me of lunch meetings at work.

Last time I was there I think the platters were on the left with the self-serve beverages. Right side had interesting mix of couscous, vegetarian salads, and such along w/ the tended bar and decent liquor for prepping for a long flight.

I'm hoping not too much has changed in the Envoy lounge since I'm giving US another chance TA in a couple weeks PHL-LHR. Still doesn't compare to the proper meal in VS lounge out of JFK but for $1K less and the new Envoy Suite it's worth a try.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
TPJ, thanks for posting these pictures - I loved the Envoy lounge the one time I was in it, glad to see that things are still looking good. The Envoy lounge definitely helps to take the sting out of flying US across the pond...
Old Sep 5, 2010, 12:36 am

Programs: UA AA and more
I'm *G, will I get access traveling coach _arriving_ internationally to PHL with a domestic connection?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 7:42 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by lksf
I'm *G, will I get access traveling coach _arriving_ internationally to PHL with a domestic connection?
You should, but probably won't (unless things have changed).

US treats this as a "departure" lounge and won't (or didn't, in Jan. 09) let folks in your situation into the lounge.

The sign outside the door says it's a Star Alliance Lounge. From the Star Alliance WWW site:

Star Alliance Gold Customers Travelling in Any Class: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.

* Customer must present a valid frequent flyer programme Star Alliance Gold level card
* Customer must also present a boarding card for a same day Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
* Customer is entitled to one guest
* Continental, United, and US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access the Presidents Club, Red Carpet Club and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight.

The Envoy lounge dragon ladies interpret this as if it said:
when travelling ON a DEPARTING Star Alliance international flight

The UA RCC clubs are available, tho not as nice as the Envoy lounge.

For access to any lounge (RCC, whatever) you're continuing flight has to be on a *A carrier. If your connecting domestic flight is DL you're not entitled to any *A lounge access.

Hope you'll try for entry and get in, and if denied, that you'll complain to US and Star Alliance (tho I doubt it will do any good).

Please post what happens!
Old Sep 5, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by bucketlist
Hope you'll try for entry and get in, and if denied, that you'll complain to US and Star Alliance (tho I doubt it will do any good).
I'm torn on this. Whatever the *A rules say, the practical reality is that is an international departure lounge.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by bucketlist
You should, but probably won't (unless things have changed).

US treats this as a "departure" lounge and won't (or didn't, in Jan. 09) let folks in your situation into the lounge.

The sign outside the door says it's a Star Alliance Lounge. From the Star Alliance WWW site:

Star Alliance Gold Customers Travelling in Any Class: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.

* Customer must present a valid frequent flyer programme Star Alliance Gold level card
* Customer must also present a boarding card for a same day Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
* Customer is entitled to one guest
* Continental, United, and US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access the Presidents Club, Red Carpet Club and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight.

The Envoy lounge dragon ladies interpret this as if it said:
when travelling ON a DEPARTING Star Alliance international flight

The UA RCC clubs are available, tho not as nice as the Envoy lounge.

For access to any lounge (RCC, whatever) you're continuing flight has to be on a *A carrier. If your connecting domestic flight is DL you're not entitled to any *A lounge access.

Please post what happens!
Originally Posted by bitburgr
I'm torn on this. Whatever the *A rules say, the practical reality is that is an international departure lounge.
So if I traveled Envoy they still wouldn't let me use it?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by lksf
So if I traveled Envoy they still wouldn't let me use it?
When arriving PHL in Envoy, you're eligible to use the other Clubs (the one at B/C appears the more convenient of the two) for a domestic connection, but not the Envoy Lounge (it's meant for departures, and only open 1:30pm onwards).
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by kudzu
When arriving PHL in Envoy, you're eligible to use the other Clubs (the one at B/C appears the more convenient of the two) for a domestic connection, but not the Envoy Lounge (it's meant for departures, and only open 1:30pm onwards).
1:30p eh?
Well that solves it...I arrive at 6am...

I guess I will have to dig the USCC 1Day Pass...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.